Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"This number is no longer active"

Options
  • 27-10-2017 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

When I log into my old mymeteor/myeir dashboard and web account I am getting the message "This number is no longer active".  I'm beyond annoyed trying to get it sorted out.  The chaps on your Chat facility and FB/Twitter help are great, lovely wonderful but haven't a bloody clue.  I give them all the information comprehensively and yet they can't help me but what is worse keep asking me questions about stuff I've already told them three times and then give me duff help.  Maybe you can help me out here.

I was a happy enough Meteor PAY AS YOU GO customer and I used my webtexts a lot - love the facility for sending longer texts.

Anyhow then I was turned into an Eir customer by default and still used the webtexts for a short while without problems but then one day I logged into mymeteor/myeir and it brought up the message "This number is no longer active".  Now I can't access my phone contacts on there or the webtexts or any part of the website.  

I've chatted and messaged and your lads from the call centre or whatever is it in India don't seem to be able to understand a thing I am saying.  I've told them umpteen times  and each time they seem to misinterpret what I have written.  Finally one of them tells me to ring 1901 to sort it out and lo and behold in spite of me telling him three times that I am a PAY AS YOU GO customer it turns out it's a bill pay help number.  I'm about to combust with frustration and impotent rage.  

"Help! 
    Help! I need somebody,
    Help! Not just anybody,

Help! You know I need someone, help."   Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaasssseeeeeeeeeeee.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I get this too. I'm upgrading to TV and broadband next month, and they've told me this will go away once that kicks in... but I have my doubts.

Also, after 12 internet chats and 2 phone calls (genuine counts there) they are still sending bills to my old address. I want paperless and my address changed.

Like you, the guy on the phone the last time I called was very polite, confident and professional. Assurred me that my address was changed. A month later, it seems it wasn't. Thinking of pulling the plug on Eir before I even get tv and broadband in.

Sorry If I derailed your post a little!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Nalz wrote: »
    I get this too. I'm upgrading to TV and broadband next month, and they've told me this will go away once that kicks in... but I have my doubts.

Also, after 12 internet chats and 2 phone calls (genuine counts there) they are still sending bills to my old address. I want paperless and my address changed.

Like you, the guy on the phone the last time I called was very polite, confident and professional. Assurred me that my address was changed. A month later, it seems it wasn't. Thinking of pulling the plug on Eir before I even get tv and broadband in.

Sorry If I derailed your post a little!
    Don't worry.  It's always good to see that I'm not alone.  I don't know is it some sort of preset help centre drill but it's like going into MacDonald's and ordering a Quarter Pounder with Cheese meal medium with Coke as the drink and then they ask you do you want it medium or large and what drink do you want with it!  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

When I log into my old mymeteor/myeir dashboard and web account I am getting the message "This number is no longer active".  I'm beyond annoyed trying to get it sorted out.  The chaps on your Chat facility and FB/Twitter help are great, lovely wonderful but haven't a bloody clue.  I give them all the information comprehensively and yet they can't help me but what is worse keep asking me questions about stuff I've already told them three times and then give me duff help.  Maybe you can help me out here.

I was a happy enough Meteor PAY AS YOU GO customer and I used my webtexts a lot - love the facility for sending longer texts.

Anyhow then I was turned into an Eir customer by default and still used the webtexts for a short while without problems but then one day I logged into mymeteor/myeir and it brought up the message "This number is no longer active".  Now I can't access my phone contacts on there or the webtexts or any part of the website.  

I've chatted and messaged and your lads from the call centre or whatever is it in India don't seem to be able to understand a thing I am saying.  I've told them umpteen times  and each time they seem to misinterpret what I have written.  Finally one of them tells me to ring 1901 to sort it out and lo and behold in spite of me telling him three times that I am a PAY AS YOU GO customer it turns out it's a bill pay help number.  I'm about to combust with frustration and impotent rage.  

"Help! 
    Help! I need somebody,
    Help! Not just anybody,

Help! You know I need someone, help."   Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaasssseeeeeeeeeeee.
    Hi there

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention here.

Would you mind sending me a PM with the following information, please?

1.  Full registered name
    2.  Mobile number & PIN that you're having issues with
    3.  Registered email that you used on MyMeteor.
    4.  Your username on Facebook & Twitter.

Please include http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057802270 in your PM

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Thanks.  Just sent you a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Thanks.  Just sent you a PM.
    I've responded back to your PM.  You can always just reply there

-Kyle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 2 Pins

Hi,

Just reading through the original post and I can say I currently have the same problem with the same outcomes. The only difference I am an existing Bill Pay customer.

I'm trying my best to buy a new phone and sign-up to a new eir plan but for whatever reason there are several roadblocks being put in my way. 
    The current one being the most frustrating, I'm on hold on the phone for what is now coming up to 3hours.

Please can you provide some assistance.

Thanks,

2 Pins wrote: »
    Hi,

Just reading through the original post and I can say I currently have the same problem with the same outcomes. The only difference I am an existing Bill Pay customer.

I'm trying my best to buy a new phone and sign-up to a new eir plan but for whatever reason there are several roadblocks being put in my way. 
    The current one being the most frustrating, I'm on hold on the phone for what is now coming up to 3hours.

Thanks,
    And guess what.......... since being on hold since 14:10, now at 16:50 they cut me off.
    When I ring back I'm told the query desk is closed 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi,

Thanks,
    And guess what.......... since being on hold since 14:10, now at 16:50 they cut me off.
    Hi 2 Pins,

I'm really sorry to hear of the trouble you had getting through to someone on the phone yesterday. The hold times can be longer during busier periods, however, I completely understand that the duration of time you spent on the phone is a lot longer than expected even during busier periods.

I wouldn't be able to place an order for a new phone from here, you would need to do this either online, in a store over the phone. 

The direct number for our sales team is 1800503303, you should be able to get through to them on this. If you would like to place an order online, you can click on the below link and you should be able to do this:

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/bill-pay/ 

- Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Hi 2 Pins,

I'm really sorry to hear of the trouble you had getting through to someone on the phone yesterday. The hold times can be longer during busier periods, however, I completely understand that the duration of time you spent on the phone is a lot longer than expected even during busier periods.

I wouldn't be able to place an order for a new phone from here, you would need to do this either online, in a store over the phone. 

The direct number for our sales team is 1800503303, you should be able to get through to them on this. If you would like to place an order online, you can click on the below link and you should be able to do this:

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/bill-pay/ 

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I've since managed to get my number activated.
    I ordered the new phone and bill pay plan on Monday but haven't got any update yet. I was meant to receive an email with the next step to take.
    I’m on hold again since 2pm to speak to someone from the online sales helpdesk but not getting through.

I checked my account and the money has been discounted.

Hi,

Thanks,
    Hi 2 Pins,

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/bill-pay/ ;

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I ordered the new phone and bill pay plan on Monday but haven't got any update yet. I was meant to receive an email with the next step to take.
    I’m on hold again since 2pm to speak to someone from the online sales helpdesk but not getting through.

Glad to hear you got your number activated. If you PM me your account number, PIN and full name I can check on your order for you.

- Adam

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thanks,
    Hi 2 Pins,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Glad to hear you got your number activated. If you PM me your account number, PIN and full name I can check on your order for you.

- Adam
    Hi Adam, PM sent.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could look into it for me.
    I'm still unable to make call etc... 

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks,
    Hi 2 Pins,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

- Adam
    Hi Adam, PM sent.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could look into it for me.
    I'm still unable to make call etc... 

Thanks,
    I have responded to your PM there.

- Adam

Hi Eir,

I'm back with the latest in a long list of issues regarding my order. 
    I finally received my new phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) , got my number reactivated and got my new plan activated. BTW I had to give eir 20euro in the meantime to add credit to my phone while waiting for you to activate my bill plan.

As part of the online order, Eir were offering a free Gear VR with Controller, to avail of this offer the purchase must be made before the end of 02nd Nov. Now, to claim the Gear VR with Controller I need proof of purchase, a receipt, which I did not receive.

Can you please:
    1. Provide a receipt for the online purchase of the phone (ensure the date is correct as per the date of order and the date which eir took the money from my account, the 30th Oct)
    2. Please confirm you will credit my next bill with 20euro.

Regards,

Hi Eir,

I finally received my new phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) , got my number reactivated and got my new plan activated. BTW I had to give eir 20euro in the meantime to add credit to my phone while waiting for you to activate my bill plan.

As part of the online order, Eir were offering a free Gear VR with Controller, to avail of this offer the purchase must be made before the end of 02nd Nov. Now, to claim the Gear VR with Controller I need proof of purchase, a receipt, which I did not receive.

Can you please:
    1. Provide a receipt for the online purchase of the phone (ensure the date is correct as per the date of order and the date which eir took the money from my account, the 30th Oct)

Regards,
    Hi Eir,

Any update on the above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Eir,

Can you please:

Regards,
    Hi Eir,

Any update on the above?
    Hi 2 Pins, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

I'm glad to hear you got the new phone. To get the receipt for the online purchase you will need to log this with the admin team here - https://www.eir.ie/complaints/ They will be able to advise you on all. 

In relation to the 20 credit, feel free to PM me your mobile, PIN and full name on the account and I'll check this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey  

Advertisement