Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moped battery dead and unable to take to workshop - help!

Options
  • 27-10-2017 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there, I have a (2016 model) scooter/moped that won't start because it hasn't been turned on in over a year. I live in D7 but don't think I can feasibly push it all the way to a motorcycle mechanic (I think the closest is in D2).

Does anyone know if ordinary mobile mechanics can come and help start a scooter? Or does anyone know any other way to get it somewhere that can start it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You could ring Martin McDonald Motorbike Recovery - He could bring the bike to where you need it to go:
    +353 86 833 0705

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Any kind of mechanic can jump start a moped as well as lots and lots of reasonably handy civilians, assuming it's just a dead battery.

You may also have roadside assistance on your insurance. It's free with lots of policies these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Do you have a charger or a friend with a charger? Don't use a car battery charger. Remove the battery if necessary.

But after a lay-up of a year you might need fresh fuel and to clean the spark plug too. So a better idea is to jump start it from a car battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 burythegreen

Thanks so much everyone! I have called Martin and he was so so nice. Thank you very much for the recommendation, he sounds perfect for what I need. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭Goose81

Thanks so much everyone! I have called Martin and he was so so nice. Thank you very much for the recommendation, he sounds perfect for what I need. Cheers!

Youve got it sorted thankfully but for future just jump start it off a car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement