Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSD 1070 - Tamper

Options
  • 27-10-2017 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Guys,

I have a GSD 1070 and nipped out for an hour today only to discover a tamper fault in the 'Kitchen'. I disarmed and rearmed remotely only for the fault occur again, when I got home there was a fault on the alarm for the kitchen which has since cleared. Here is an image of the log from the app.. https://imgur.com/a/scK5U

There are 3 sensors in the kitchen they are HKC brand.

- An inertia on a window.
    - An inertia on the window adjoining the back door.
    - A contact on the back door itself.

Not sure which sensor 'Kitchen' relates to is there an easy way without setting off every bell and whistle to identify the one at fault? I tried a walk test a few months ago only to set off the internal siren and scare the bejasus out of me.

From reading other threads I presume it might be the contact on the door, tamper fault don't seem to affect inertia?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It could be a sensor lid loose or a wiring/connection problem.
    You would need to close off the tamer connections one by one to see when the fault clears.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sphinx501

Thanks Koolkid, that's what I thought the issue is intermittent so thinking possible wiring issue. It went off again last night.

Here is the sensor I think the issue is the tamper is blue and yellow? Is it worth reseating the connections?

https://i.imgur.com/vRxabyY.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi

The Tamper on that device would be the red/black. The blue & yellow is the alarm contacts.
    Close off the red & black & see if that solves the problem.
    If not its a connection ault in the panel or on the cable somewhere.

Cheers Koolkid, the issue is intermittent not always showing a tamper fault so possible loose cable?

The system tamper alarm occurred again when I went to unscrew the cover on the contact. Not sure why I was able to unscrew today with no alarm sounding, the system was unset on both occasions.

If I inhibit the zone can I then open the cover without activating the alarm?

Not unless you have engineer access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

sphinx501 wrote: »
    Cheers Koolkid, the issue is intermittent not always showing a tamper fault so possible loose cable?

The system tamper alarm occurred again when I went to unscrew the cover on the contact. Not sure why I was able to unscrew today with no alarm sounding, the system was unset on both occasions.

If I inhibit the zone can I then open the cover without activating the alarm?

The system should indicate a tamper fault on the keypad when you tamper a device.
    You could also close off the tamper loop for that zone in the control panel if your unsure which device is causing the fault.
    Is the system under any warranty as that system is not out long?

Yeah it is under warranty, but need to get time off work to get the installer back. :D I have identified the faulted sensor, it is a contact.

The tamper fault is intermittent, I inhibited it and gave the cover of the contact a good tighten this morning and no fault all day will set again tonight and see how it goes.

How easy is it to troubleshoot an intermittent tamper fault? Maybe I am overthinking it but it happened first on Friday when the window was hot from the weather, then at 5am when it was obviously cold out have you ever seen these tamper issues due to weather??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

It might be best to say nothing to your installer about your attempt at fault finding. This would break the warranty.

The weather would only affect it if there was an underlying problem anyway.

Advertisement