Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLosing BOI investment fund account -- fees & penalties?

• 27-10-2017 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

HI,

I have a BOI investment fund ... opened it when my SSIA matured years ago, its with BOI life. It went down during her crash but now it's doing well. I reckon I put in around €32-35 k over the years, and it now has 40k in the fund. It's been hovering around 39-40 the last few months. I don't want to see it crash and I don't think it will gain much more at this stage, so I want to close it and move all the money into a regular no risk saving account. I am aware I won't get interest, but I don't mind, I'm not greedy and I want to able to move extra savings in any time I want using on-line faculty, and also move it out if I was ever to need a chuck of money immediately.

ANyone know what fees or penalties can I expect to pay for closing the fund. Will the bank remove gains tax from any earnings I made or is that up to myself to file a tax return?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

No fees or penalties and life company will deduct tax for you.

Advertisement