Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance advice on direct drive turbo

Options
  • 27-10-2017 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

I have an Elite Turbo Muin II that I put an 11 speed cassette on. I've used it for about 40 hours. Now in two of the gears pedaling does not feel smooth and there is a slight grinding noise. The chain is not worn and is not dropping out of gear.

Normally out on the road my cassettes last for several chain changes as I change my chain as soon as it shows.

Does this sound like I need a new cassette or could there be some other problem?

On the turbo the range of gears I use would be much more limited so this could explain it. It just seems very soon to need a new cassette.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I tired my summer bike on the turbo and it seemed ok. My winter bike is working fine out on the road.
    Weird.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Change the sprockets in question maybe?

Good idea, I didn't think of that. Is it easy to find individual sprockets?
    Google is only showing one seller on ebay from Taiwan for 105 5800 sprockets. Not cheap either, 3 sprockets would cost more than 1 full cassette.

I tried my good bike on the trainer again, this time being sure to mount it perfectly and actually it's very smooth.
    Now I'm thinking it's something like a bent derailleur hangar on my winter bike. I probably wouldn't notice out on the road as the old aluminium frame rattles constantly anyway.

Advertisement