Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Spooktacular Show 27th October

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Isnt' the same holiday in UK & Wales?

Number of Bank Holidays in Ireland in 2017 - 12

Number of Bank Holidays in the UK in 2017 - 9

:(

However, in the conceptual country that I have created for myself, every weekend is a Bank Holiday weekend :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Number of Bank Holidays in Ireland in 2017 - 12

Number of Bank Holidays in the UK in 2017 - 9

:(

However, in the conceptual country that I have created for myself, every weekend is a Bank Holiday weekend :cool:

Where are these 12 Bank Holidays we should be getting, Amigo? :confused:

I think we have 9 (and Good Friday doesn't count, it's not a Public Holiday. You don't get an automatic day off for it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Skid X wrote: »
    Where are these 12 Bank Holidays we should be getting, Amigo? :confused:

I think we have 9 (and Good Friday doesn't count, it's not a Public Holiday. You don't get an automatic day off for it)

Whoops, I meant national holidays :blush:

http://www.officeholidays.com/countries/ireland/index.php

As much as mammies and daddies rule, I excluded Mothers and Fathers Day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Whoops, I meant national holidays :blush:

http://www.officeholidays.com/countries/ireland/index.php

As much as mammies and daddies rule, I excluded Mothers and Fathers Day :)

Ah, I see

Yeah, a Bank Holiday is worth bugger all to anyone except Bankers alas.

Public Holidays for which you get a day off work (or a day in lieu)

1 New Year's Day
    2 St Patrick's Day
    3 Easter Monday
    4 First Monday in May
    5 First Monday in June
    6 First Monday in August
    7 Last Monday in October
    8 Christmas Day
    9 St Stephen'seses Day

We need more of them.

deleware wrote: »
    It has to be one of the most boring shows on TV right now with a host who has as much charisma as a wet dishcloth. The show has really dipped from when Gaybo was hosting. There was little or no advance publicity ( they seem to feel the need for it these days ) in those days which kept you in suspense. The amount of RTE related guests is just laughable and many do repeat appearances. It is no length since Catriona Perry was on last and she will be reading the news in 2018, how exciting.

Gaybo is an arrogant self righteous overrated old fart. I don't miss him or that smug puss of his one bit

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I liked what the Corkman said about the Dublin hipsters, those fellows in the tight trousers don't know the first thing about being Irish

Advertisement