Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silverskin coffee?

• 27-10-2017 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Has anyone tried silverskin coffee? The subscription option looks good value at €60 including postage for 6 months so was going to give it a try. Have tried the Ulysses blend in a bag I picked up in Butlers Pantry a good while back and was decent if nothing amazing from memory. The subscription / variety option appeals to me but a lot of them work out pricey with the postage costs - any other recommendations for a sub welcome! :)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Have you looked at Bailies subscriptions? Not sure if there is added postage to the republic (they're based up in Belfast). You could try one of their starter packs, if you want to try them out before committing.

A little pricier, but top-notch quality, are Badger and Dodo subscriptions, but only 12 month options, from €115 roasted and delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thanks Krusty - yes, have bought from Bailies before and found them good - thanks for reminding me! I see they have different blends from when I last bought from them (Sweet Wonder, Tiamo etc.) and the Microlot sub is £50 for 6 month which is very good value with the exchange rate.

The Badger & Dodo looks very good, though have never had a sub before so was somewhat hoping for a 6 month option to dip my toe in the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I've been interested in Silverskin too - I might see about getting a bag. It's just that the kiosk they're sold at is a bit far from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Hi guys

Has anyone tried silverskin coffee? The subscription option looks good value at €60 including postage for 6 months so was going to give it a try. Have tried the Ulysses blend in a bag I picked up in Butlers Pantry a good while back and was decent if nothing amazing from memory. The subscription / variety option appeals to me but a lot of them work out pricey with the postage costs - any other recommendations for a sub welcome! :)

Cheers

I've only tried it in a coffee shop, place in Ballsbridge. Can't think of the name of it. It's really good coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Conba

One of the best coffees I ever had was Silverskin's Guatemala Co-op Tajumuco.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

I'm just finished a bag of Silverskin Guatamalan something.

It was mostly drank french-press, but a few espresso/americanos too.

Very nice coffee, I bought it after my January 3FE bag ran out sooner than anticipated. I'll definitely be going back for more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Was going to order a Badger & Dodo subscription but I see that they need someone to sign for it. Not really practical for most people I would have thought. Do silverskin send in regular post?
    Going to miss the simplicity of Pact when I move home I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hecmail

I really like Silverskin. Just signed up to the Silverskin subscription. It's sent on the 3 Thursday of each month, so I won't recommend signing up just after the 3rd Thursday or you'll be waiting a while to get your first delivery!

Advertisement