Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rent back after moving out

Options
  • 27-10-2017 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi,

I moved out of a place recently on 10th October. There was a bit of pressure from landlord to move out as I had already said a month before I was moving.

After moving out I got my deposit back today which is fine. However one thing that gets me is I didnt get any rent back for the 20 days left in the month. i did request it back. They have rented for a week on air bnb already. Its up there for 40 euros a night! So they effectively getting rent on the double. I did request some of the rent back but got no response.

I didn't have any official contract in that place.
    Is there any thing I can do here? Fair is fair. This annoys me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

bike2wkr wrote: »
    Hi,

I moved out of a place recently on 10th October. There was a bit of pressure from landlord to move out as I had already said a month before I was moving.

After moving out I got my deposit back today which is fine. However one thing that gets me is I didnt get any rent back for the 20 days left in the month. i did request it back. They have rented for a week on air bnb already. Its up there for 40 euros a night! So they effectively getting rent on the double. I did request some of the rent back but got no response.

I didn't have any official contract in that place.
    Is there any thing I can do here? Fair is fair. This annoys me.

Well you shouldn't have left in the first place without it. You haven't forgot where they live have you? Call round and ask for it...

Advertisement