Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attachments - Just me?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That's a redirect that happens if the object is 404 last I recall. The behaviour itself is known and expected, but the real issue is where the attachment is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,478 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have found the same thing with two or three pics, and someone else commented on the same thing.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I was going to post about this issue, until I found this thread on the same subject. I'd tried it on Firefox too with the same results. Both WRONG and Works links show the single pixel for me.

I'm finding it a lot lately. Happens when attaching and then after successive attempts where it works the clear.gif over-rules the attachment after a few days.
    Come here to bring it to the boards.ie attention.

Legacy site, firefox.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks guys, is this still an issue for you? I only ask because all of those image links are working for me here so I want to check if the issue is resolved or we're just getting a different result when clicking on the same links :) I'll mention this to the tech team, see if they've updated/changed anything.

• Advertisement

Seems to be resolved the day after I posted. Some of the missing attachments I reuploaded as I still had copies handy. The uploads worked as usual, no need to remove and re-upload like I had previously experienced.
    Also, some of the diasppeared images returned.
    Cheers folks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've just checked on YLYL (after I cleared the cache) and some attachments like this one are still not visible.

EDIT: NVM, it's working ok now, thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

tenor.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement