Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moss, moss everywhere. please help me banish it.

Options
  • 27-10-2017 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Needs urgent attention, tarmac and footpath laden with the stuff, what is the best and easiest way to tackle this, very slippy at present.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A hoe and a brush?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

august12 wrote: »
    Needs urgent attention, tarmac and footpath laden with the stuff, what is the best and easiest way to tackle this, very slippy at present.

I power washed mine and it came back even worse so I'm hoping for a solution too.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RegisteredMice

Washing powder seems to do the trick.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057089460

Comment from Muffler:
    Went to Lidl a couple of years ago and bought a large box of the cheapest stuff they had, spread it over the tarmac, left it for a couple of weeks and then gently/lightly power hosed it. Never looked back since

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Washing powder seems to do the trick.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057089460

Comment from Muffler:
    Went to Lidl a couple of years ago and bought a large box of the cheapest stuff they had, spread it over the tarmac, left it for a couple of weeks and then gently/lightly power hosed it. Never looked back since

Yup...biggest box of the cheap and cheerful washing powder works a treat....but get the biological stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭topnotch

Jeyes Fluid works best here for me on my driveway. I mix up a batch at 20:1 in the sprayer and the moss turns brown within a day. One hour after spraying give it a light spray of the garden hose washes it down into the roots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

topnotch wrote:
    Jeyes Fluid works best here for me on my driveway. I mix up a batch at 20:1 in the sprayer and the moss turns brown within a day. One hour after spraying give it a light spray of the garden hose washes it down into the roots.

Right, will try the jeyes fluid, I did buy the lidl big box of powder, that was two or three years ago, it never made it from the box to the tarmac, will see if the same happens with the jeyes fluid. Thanks for this suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I second jeyes fluid but at a much lower rate. I put 40mls/5Litre water and apply with knapsack.
    Applied it Wednesday, moss was dead yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

I second jeyes fluid but at a much lower rate. I put 40mls/5Litre water and apply with knapsack. Applied it Wednesday, moss was dead yesterday.

Ok, jeyes fluid it is so, at least with this, it doesn't look like it has just snowed, will dilute as you have suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

does putting washing powder on your footpath make it dangerously slippy??

Advertisement