Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False Eyelashes.... Recommendations and application tips?

Options
  • 27-10-2017 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Last time I tried falsies I failed miserably! :(
    That was years ago but I would love to try them again. Anyone have and advice on which to go for and help with applying them? I love the look of them and I actually went and got eyelash extensions a while back. While they looked amazing, they got my nerves when showering, applying/removing make-up, waking up etc.
    I'd love just to apply the false ones properly and remove them at the end of the night.
    Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Have you tried individual ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

The best way to apply them is to look down into a hand mirror and use a tweezers to place them on. Make sure you've left the glue to get tacky, I find if you apply too early and the glue is still really wet, they move too easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Glitter

Get a really good glue like Duo Surgical Adhesive to apply them with, not the little scutty tube they come with. You can get Duo in Penney's now, or at the MAC counter in BT's, Make Up Forever etc.

Make sure they fit your eye. You might need to trim a little from each corner to get a good fit.

Practice, practice, practice!

I don't find the looking downwards into a mirror thing helpful but almost every RL make up artist I've ever spoken to and online tutorial I've ever seen on applying lashes swears by it, so there's clearly something in it!
    I also don't use tweezers, but I've got quite long fingernails so they kinda act the same way. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

Agree with all the above the only bit I would add is to put the lash around your finger before application. It just means the lash is not poker straight and has a curve making it easier to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

I buy mine in MAC and get the MUS to trim them to fit my eye- I have really small eyes.

With lash extensions, the less you do with them, the longer they last and use no oils anywhere near them. Water based products only and try not to rub them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

That’s a great idea to buy from MAC and get the girls to trim them, cheers

Advertisement