Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a cheap semi decent bike

Options
  • 28-10-2017 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

So bike got nicked today, and I’ll need something to get around until i can save up enough to buy something good.

I know it’s a long shot but can anyone recommend a non sh*t bike for under €200? I don’t mind if it’s a single speed or whatever, it’s mostly for getting about town. I was looking at Martello but I’ve heard they don’t have a great reputation... anyone using one that could advise?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

at that price, are you considered seconhand?

might be worth popping in to the likes of rothar or the rediscovery centre in ballymun to see what they have in stock. not much use to you if you're not dublin based, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭eet fuk

at that price, are you considered seconhand?

might be worth popping in to the likes of rothar or the rediscovery centre in ballymun to see what they have in stock. not much use to you if you're not dublin based, though.

I’m in Dublin alright so I’ll give them a look. Thanks for the tip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭benneca1

Try cyclesuperstore they have sh bikes

glasso wrote: »

I had a bike before with the narrow handlebars - found it hard to steer in traffic and the strain on the back of my hands got a bit painful! Although I’m sure it’s easy enough to swap them for normal sized bars.

Mercifully my dad has agreed to let me use his bike for the time being as he doesn’t be on it much in the winter months :) It is a fancy one though so I’m looking at getting a Vilano Rampage thru Amazon; a friend in work got one and he said it’s holding up pretty well so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

plenty on adverts and donedeal

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Try Rothar.Ie for a reconditioned bike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

What size frame would suit? - I know of a good-quality single speed that's for sale, but you'd need to be at least 6' / 183cm for it to suit.

Type 17 wrote: »
    What size frame would suit? - I know of a good-quality single speed that's for sale, but you'd need to be at least 6' / 183cm for it to suit.

I'm 185cm so I'd be interested alright. Is it in or near Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

eet fuk wrote: »
    I'm 185cm so I'd be interested alright. Is it in or near Dublin?

PM sent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement