Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 10 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Islander13 wrote: »
    Jones 3BPS - what a hero

Well that’s a kick in the teeth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Phil Jones is a feckin legend. Absolute magnet for BPS.

Will probably double up on utd defence soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Jones 3BPS - what a hero

Well that's a load of sh*te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Jones 3BPS - what a hero

He's a bonus magnet.

As a United fan that was perfect. At 0-0 I had Bavies and Jones and neither in the bonus points. Still end up with 11 from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Really nervous about this gw (no free hit played!) but Jonesy and Lukaku did well for me. I can love with Eriksen's blank and let him look forward to next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I have both Aguero and Sterling but it doesn't need hindsight to say that they weren't going to start today after their midweek exploits.

You just have to pick your City players, accept that they will be rotated every 3 or 4 weeks, have a capable bench, and take the double figure hauls when your City players start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Paully D wrote: »
    I have both Aguero and Sterling but it doesn't need hindsight to say that they weren't going to start today after their midweek exploits.

You just have to pick your City players, accept that they will be rotated every 3 or 4 weeks, have a capable bench, and take the double figure hauls when your City players start.

Get the hell out of here with that rational thinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Problem is, you can't risk captaining them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Problem is, you can't risk captaining them.

Then don't captain them, you can have city players without captaining them - give the arm band to Kane, Sanchez, Hazard, Salah - there are plenty of options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Then don't captain them, you can have city players without captaining them - give the arm band to Kane, Sanchez, Hazard, Salah - there are plenty of options.

I think the arguement would be for 11.5 Aguero has to be a captain option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Sane will be rotated the least as the only left footed wing option so he's the one to have rather than Sterling. only a bit more expensive too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Totally agree but I have seen quite a few Free Hit teams with both and Kun captained, that is a casual player error imo.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I think the arguement would be for 11.5 Aguero has to be a captain option

I don't think he has to be captain at all - by that logic everyone should pick the most expensive person and give them the arm band - but how often does that happen?

dahat wrote: »
    Totally agree but I have seen quite a few Free Hit teams with both and Kun captained, that is a casual player error imo.

Does the casual player know that Aguero played 120+ mins during the week, or does her/she read about him having chance of breaking the record and think there is my captain choice.

Will be interesting the after though of the Free Hit chip - lets say your start men all click - the Hazards/Sanchez etc, are you happy to go back to your harzardless team, or do you then rip your team up to get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sane will be rotated the least as the only left footed wing option so he's the one to have rather than Sterling. only a bit more expensive too

Bernardo Silva is left footed too, so he could also be used in that position.

I could envisage Bernardo playing left, Sterling right, and Sane benched from time to time.

Bernardo Silva is left footed too, so he could also be used in that position.

I could envisage Bernardo playing left, Sterling right, and Sane benched from time to time.

Didn't realise he was a lefty. Though I think he's more ideally suited to cover Dilva and KDB as a central man. Take your point though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Does the casual player know that Aguero played 120+ mins during the week, or does her/she read about him having chance of breaking the record and think there is my captain choice.

Will be interesting the after though of the Free Hit chip - lets say your start men all click - the Hazards/Sanchez etc, are you happy to go back to your harzardless team, or do you then rip your team up to get them.

Record or not after a recent injury and 120mins he was very likely to be left on the bench.
    Regarding the FH today, if it works good stuff but I don't think it's nessecary to rip a team to get the FH team as it's a fixtures based team for a single game day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Invincible wrote: »
    Swansea XI vs Arsenal: Fabianski; van der Hoorn, Fernandez, Mawson; Naughton, Ki, Fer, Carroll, Clucas; Ayew, Abraham.

West Ham XI vs Palace: Hart; Zabaleta, Fonte, Ogbonna, Cresswell; Fernandes, KouyatNoble; Lanzini, Ayew, Chicharito.

Liverpool XI vs Huddersfield: Mignolet; Gomez, Matip, Lovren, Moreno; Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum; Salah, Sturridge, Firmino

Huddersfield XI vs Liverpool: Lössl, Smith, Zanka, Schindler, Löwe, Williams, Hogg, van La Parra, Mooy, Ince, Depoitre.

West Brom XI vs Man City: Foster, McAuley, Hegazi, Evans, Nyom, Livermore, Krychowiak, Barry, Gibbs, Rodriguez, Rond

Palace XI vs West Ham: Speroni, Ward, Dann, Tomkins, van Aanholt, Milivojevic, Cabaye, Townsend, Loftus-Cheek, Schlupp, Zaha.

Watford XI vs Stoke: Gomes, Femenia, Kabasele, Britos, Holebas, Capoue, Cleverley, Doucoure, Richarlison, Carillo, Deene

Arsenal XI vs Swansea: Cech, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Monreal, Bellerin, Ramsey, Xhaka, Kolasinac, Ozil, Sanchez, Lacazette.

Stoke XI vs Watford: Butland; Zouma, Shawcross, Wimmer; Diouf, Allen, Fletcher, Pieters; Shaqiri, Ramadan; Choupo-Moting.

Man City XI vs West Brom: Ederson; Walker, Otamendi, Stones, Delph; Fernandinho, De Bruyne, D Silva; B Silva, Sane, Jesus

Klaven in for lolvern

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Sane goal (Fernandinho)

Goal Sane :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Sané goal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Sane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Sane (Fernandinho)

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Sane goal

Captain LEROY! Great finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

PVA off with hamstring strain, Fosu-Mensah on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

PVA subbed injured

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

PVA off, hammy.
    Fosu-Mensah on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Rodriguez goal

Goal West brom - Rod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

J-rod goal