Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extension lead from the kitchen to the shed

Options
  • 28-10-2017 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

So I have a small wooden shed with a tin roof at the back of the garden which is not fully water tight (with really heavy rain the side walls get wet only), and I was thinking of running an extension lead from the kitchen to the shed, about 30 foot. So I can power my smart turbo trainer and a fan for about 2hrs. Does anyone do this and if so do they just use a normal extension lead. My only fear is electrocuting myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

By a proper external rated lead and roll it in and out as you need it. Not that expensive and flexible. You've explained how dangerous the environment is already so I'd buy the correct lead at the correct length so it was fully rolled out when you used it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,137 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Waterproof the shed first.
    Electricity in a damp environment is not a good idea.
    Besides your equipment will deteriorate.

Advertisement