Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Spurs 12:30 Sky Sports

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Ah Lingard have some belief in yourself lad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Matic is just a boss of the midfield.

Why did Chelsea think selling him was a good idea

because he can disappear in certain types of game. Suits Utds defensive style though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Young has to get motm.

Cracking game from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Someone needs to gif that special Alderweireld moment.

Garzorico wrote: »
    because he can disappear in certain types of game. Suits Utds defensive style though.

Mmmmm, schalty.

• Advertisement

• RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Atmosphere is brutal
    Looks like we’re in for another game of Mourinho ball. Think I’ll get the lunch going.
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    Lot's of long balls from united, really missing Felaini on that front. Lukaku doesnt look like producing anything, Very very boring. United fans cannot be happy with this, third game in a row of non-tainment
    RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Didn't think Spurs would boss the game as much.

Mourinhio will be relieved to be at 0-0
    ricero wrote: »
    Dunno how united fans can be happy with this kind of set up at home. Yes spurs are a good side but no need to be so defensive at home to a spurs team lacking harry kane up top
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    I care, as somebody who has paid money to watch this, I feel I've been duped and hearing other peoples opinions confirms this.
    Rekop dog wrote: »
    Smart from Poch. Settling for 1 point with 3 on offer is utterly retarded in most instances.

How did the second half fair out lads?

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

2 things from this game:

Utd havent a hope of winning the league.
    Lukaku is a donkey.

Wonderful assist by lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fantastic 3 points, love beating spurs.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Mmmmm, schalty.

:D

No wonder Jose saves a sub for injury time when the refs don't add any time for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Well well well

Are we still ruining football for Agent Coulson?

You betcha!!! :)

Get

The

Fcuk

In

Play a bit cautiously and win 1 nil.

Don't play cautiously and lose 4-1.

Some would have you believe the latter is what's best.

Ell

Oh

Ell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ultimately, Utd's strength in depth has won this. Spurs had to bring on Llorente, while Utd could bring on Martial.

Impact from one. Nothing but fouls and standing still from the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Massive result for City. Let's see if they can take advantage.

Deserved win. Probably best performance I've seen from them against a good side under Jose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

No wonder Jose saves a sub for injury time when the refs don't add any time for it.

Yeap. Happened last week against huddlesford when they made a sub in injury time and no extra time given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

bur wrote: »
    Three touches. Pulis-ball. :D

One-touch football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

lol

Second highest goal scorers.

so defensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

88dd024b7f3e953f0902ab8fc06680ce49f59f6ada239929251f27b7cf5d7d37.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Smart from Poch. Settling for 1 point with 3 on offer is utterly retarded in most instances.
    I'd bet he'd love that point now though, don't you agree?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Great result by Utd there. Didn’t think Spurs were up to much and were nullified by a disciplined Utd side.

The added on time is a joke though. 3 mins added and yet Utd make a sub which took, 30 odd seconds and De Gea took a good 20 or so seconds to take that free kick, yet Jon Moss blows up bang on 93 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Great result by Utd there. Didn’t think Spurs were up to much and were nullified by a disciplined Utd side.

The added on time is a joke though. 3 mins added and yet Utd make a sub which took, 30 odd seconds and De Gea took a good 20 or so seconds to take that free kick, yet Jon Moss blows up bang on 93 mins.

Same thing happened to united last week

As expected Spurs are totally different with Kane.

Even enough game. Spurs best team in the 1st and Utd best in the 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Spurs - a one man team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Unearthly wrote: »
    Same thing happened to united last week

Yeah happens week in week out which is a joke.

Deserved win. Probably best performance I've seen from them against a good side under Jose.

2nd half was top notch José-ball. Exactly how he wants his teams to play. Press in the right moments, and drop deep when needed.

Nick a goal.

Perfect.

He has no reason to set up his teams any other way for these tough games. That's 4 points from Spurs and Liverpool games.

Billy86 wrote: »
    I'd bet he'd love that point now though, don't you agree?

Yeah but doesn't make the approach wrong. These things can only be assessed over the long term. Back in old days when there was only two points for a win it made more mathematical sense to settle for a point, it literally makes none now

You'd hate watching La Liga if that annoys you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

First half wasn't good but second half played really well. Many teams can learn a thing or two about defensive organization instead of looking like clowns so many times. Ashley ****ing Young looked like Maldini defensively. Spurs and ManUtd defensively were rock solid and it needed one moment to win the game. It could have gone either way and this time went ManUtd way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Not sure we deserved that. Better performance in second half but still shockingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    First half wasn't good but second half played really well. Many teams can learn a thing or two about defensive organization instead of looking like clowns so many times. Ashley ****ing Young looked like Maldini defensively. Spurs and ManUtd defensively were rock solid and it needed one moment to win the game. It could have gone either way and this time went ManUtd way.

That's what you get from Jose in 90% of the big games. It get results. End of really.

Can be frustrating playing defensively at home but them the breaks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    As expected Spurs are totally different with Kane.

Even enough game. Spurs best team in the 1st and Utd best in the 2nd.

Yeah, Spurs "bossed" the first half according to you. Nice choice of word.

What I would say to that is that is "lol".

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

2 things from this game:

Utd havent a hope of winning the league.
    Lukaku is a donkey.

1 of my favourite Boards posts ever

• Another MOTM performance from Matic
    Transfer of the season so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I feel like Spurs were missing something, but I can't put my finger on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Yeah but doesn't make the approach wrong. These things can only be assessed over the long term. Back in old days when there was only two points for a win it made more mathematical sense to settle for a point, it literally makes none now
    It might not make great sense if the goal is to accumulate maximum points throughout the season. It does make sense if at times you want to ensure that a rival team doesn't pull away from you.

• Grayditch wrote: »

A goal?

Lukker- wrote: »
    That's what you get from Jose in 90% of the big games. It get results. End of really.

Defensively at home? I know you lot love to talk **** but maybe someother time. Don't have too much time for to and fro. 2 teams just cancelled each other and second half we created few good chances.

Anyone who calls that performance defensive should either get their eyes tested or give up watching football.

Grayditch wrote: »

Playing against Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Nalz wrote: »
    Yeah, Spurs "bossed" the first half according to you. Nice choice of word.

What I would say to that is that is "lol".

I don't see much wrong with what he said.

• Advertisement

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Defensively at home? I know you lot love to talk **** but maybe someother time. Don't have too much time for to and fro. 2 teams just cancelled each other and second half we created few good chances.

Anyone who calls that performance defensive should either get their eyes tested or give up watching football.

He obviously set the team up defensively? Don't see why it triggered you. Spurs did the same, United showed zero ambition in the first half.

niallo27 wrote: »

Doesn't surprise me. I wonder, does it not surprise others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

niallo27 wrote: »

Spurs didn't "boss" the first half, they might have edged it but it was pretty close to 50/50, they didn't boss anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

He obviously set the team up defensively? Don't see why it triggered you. Spurs did the same, United showed zero ambition in the first half.

It wasn't a defensive set up at all. Our right back was called offised two or three times in the first half ffs. I think people's perception is really skewed when it comes to Jose. The problem first half was that we were ****e. Being ****e does not mean that you were defensive.

Oh great, game didn't finish after 45 mins. How is it setting up defensively when we have only 2 midfielders fit to play, both played. Then Mkhitaryan, Rashford and Lukaku played in the attack with wing backs Valencia and Young.

It wasn't defensively. 2 teams just cancelled out each other. It's not just black or white, attack or defense.

It didn't trigger me, just correcting you.

astradave wrote: »
    Spurs didn't "boss" the first half, they might have edged it but it was pretty close to 50/50, they didn't boss anything.

Exactly. Posters that come out with that absolute bias tripe need a good cup of tea with two sugars and a hug.

If you check action zone, 32% of the game in Spurs third, 41 % in the middle third and only 27% of the game in ManUtd third. Defensive? Lol.

It wasn't a defensive set up at all. Our right back was called offised two or three times in the first half ffs. I think people's perception is really skewed when it comes to Jose. The problem first half was that we were ****e. Being ****e does not mean that you were defensive.

*Wing back in a back 5*

Nalz wrote: »
    Exactly. Posters that come out with that absolute bias tripe need a good cup of tea with two sugars and a hug.

Meh, they know what they are doing. Same ****, every thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Not sure what game you were watching. Formation was 5-3-2 on defence leaving 2 strikers up front, except on set pieces, and 3-4-3 on attack with only the 3 center backs staying back. That's good balanced football and the formation I hoped Jose went with today.

Our midfield is ****e atm apart from Matic. If you don't have the ball you have to defend. Spurs pressed well but there were lot's of unforced passing errors as well. We kept gifting the ball back to them.

I'd hardly call this game parking the bus though. It was a solid balanced performance.

We need Pogba back asap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement