Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any number I can ring for the regional that will be answered?

• 28-10-2017 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭

I am trying to reach someone in the Regional A&E that will give me an update on a patient who was taken in at 12.30 am this morning. They are in zone B waiting for a bed. The number I was given for zone B no one answers, when I get reception I get put through to another person who puts me through to another line that rings out. The next attempt is half an hour later as reception now wont answer, I get through on hold for 15 minutes, then get through to a voice that says I will put you through to the nurse and ... yes back to square one phone rings out.

This is my first experience with the regional a&e, all we need is an update, like is person awake, when can we call. Its not rocket science.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

It's very hard to get through to who you need to when it comes to the HSE.
    Especially so when it's the emergency room.... it's so manic that communication with relatives is a low priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭swoofer

Just a little feedback, after 2 fraught days dealing with A&E. Ringing as you said is a total waste of time so forget it. Not easy if you live a long way away. I am 35 mins drive so ok. They have lots of doors that require button presses and you will see a person on the other side who could easily open the door they wont. Just be patient its so busy a kind person will appear quickly as its busy.

Its the most shambolic A&E unit I have ever witnessed, the trolleys are ancient and should be scrapped. Every person I spoke to who was on a trolley was in agony, ie bed sores. The approach you are 5am to ask about health insurance and if you sign a form ... you will get a bed. You wont so dont sign. Putting a person with severe adobeminal pain on a trolley with a wafer thin mattress is not a good idea.

This is my suggestion, the A&E should use a portable bed for all patients, scrap all the trolleys. At the moment they wheel the person to the ward, park outside, wait for a bed, wheel person in take them off trolley place on bed. Waste of time, portable bed, take bed to ward, empty portable bed is wheeled into corridor, wheel in occupied bed, take empty bed to a&e, simples.

The plus side and there is a plus side, the medical people are good very good.

Advertisement