Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

So many 50/50 calls this week . . . looking for opinions.

DDG or Elliott

Bench 1 of the following in defence:
    Duffy, Gomez, Hernandez, Pieters

Bench 1 of the following in midfield/attack:
    Zaha, Gross, Richardson, Diouf

Sane, Dilva, Kun, Kane already in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Lacazette straight back to Kane for me. So many small things to fix in the team but Can only reverse my last transfer.
    I Really wish I had a Wildcard...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Unsure who to bring in this week. Any advice? Maybe Diouf to Vardy? 3.8m in the bank.

Elliot Foster
    Jones Yoshida Ward Rosenior Mbemba
    Hazard Dilva Zaha Salah Carroll
    Kane Diouf Firminho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Unsure who to bring in this week. Any advice? Maybe Diouf to Vardy? 3.8m in the bank.

Elliot Foster
    Jones Yoshida Ward Rosenior Mbemba
    Hazard Dilva Zaha Salah Carroll
    Kane Diouf Firminho

I would look at your defence first. You may only have 2 starters at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Kane in for Lacazette. Lacazette was a one week punt on wildcard. Turned out to be a waste of time, and a waste of a transfer getting him back out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

0a4e7e1d02c8a97a8c49631ccbc6ef3c.png

Any obvious way to get Kane back?

Not without downgrading Rich to RLC (say) or Kola to Glenn Johnson if you want to keep Lukaku but that defensive transfer relies on Bavies/Johnson starting to field three defenders. (Kola trained today)

Lukaku and Lacca to Firmino and Kane could work and (if my sums are right) Morata could become Lukaku again if Lukaku dropped 0.1M in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Got Kun in for Kane last wkd, worth reversing it this week? Or -4 of Lukaku and Foster to Kane and Speroni

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

So many 50/50 calls this week . . . looking for opinions.

DDG or Elliott

Bench 1 of the following in defence:
    Duffy, Gomez, Hernandez, Pieters

Bench 1 of the following in midfield/attack:
    Zaha, Gross, Richardson, Diouf

Sane, Dilva, Kun, Kane already in.

I'm chickening out. :o
    Statistically you're unlikely to get it right but GL.

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2017/11/02/wisdom-of-the-crowd-gameweek-11/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

2FT, one of them is Kane straight back in for Lacazette. Have to do it tonight.

The other I am almost certain will be Zaha in for Fabregas.

I've been seriously restrained with hits this year, but I'm weighing up making it 4 transfers for a -8 and also doing:

Cedric -> Moreno (to fund...)
    Lukaku -> Aguero

I could keep it to a -4 if I settled for Groß instead of Zaha, but I really like Zaha's fixtures after this weekend.

I've been seriously restrained with hits this year, but I'm weighing up making it 4 transfers for a -8 and also doing:

Lukaku -> Aguero

I could keep it to a -4 if I settled for Groß instead of Zaha, but I really like Zaha's fixtures after this weekend.

I’ve taken hits as and when over last 2 seasons and I’ve had top 10k finish each time.

This season I decided that not taking hits might help me finish higher. I’ve been having a poor season so far. Still can’t break the top 1 million.

Took my first -8 last week and had my best score this season. I’m going back to my old ways now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lukaku -> Aguero

Look at lukakus next 2 fixtures after this weekend
    Have a sneaky feeling he will score against us old club this weekend too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I’ve taken hits as and when over last 2 seasons and I’ve had top 10k finish each time.

This season I decided that not taking hits might help me finish higher. I’ve been having a poor season so far. Still can’t break the top 1 million.

Took my first -8 last week and had my best score this season. I’m going back to my old ways now.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-hits by any means. Although I have definitely benefitted a couple of times this season by holding tough on transfers I probably would have rushed into last season. The reason for mentioning it above was probably a way to justify taking -8. However...
    km79 wrote: »
    Look at lukakus next 2 fixtures after this weekend
    Have a sneaky feeling he will score against us old club this weekend too
    You're right, I hadn't looked that far ahead. He just seems a bit starved without Pogba's creativity, and it's hard not to get swept up in City fever. Feels like I'm missing a trick only having Sterling. But I think I will keep Rom at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-hits by any means. Although I have definitely benefitted a couple of times this season by holding tough on transfers I probably rushed into last season. The reason for mentioning it above was probably a way to justify taking -8. However...

You're right, I hadn't looked that far ahead. He just seems a bit starved without Pogba's creativity, and it's hard to get swept up in City fever. Feels like I'm missing a trick only having Sterling. But I think I will keep Rom at least.

And pogba will be back by those games too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I'd sooner sell my soul :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Sane in for sterling.
    It may prove to be the wrong call this week but sane is the player I want from those 2 long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Long term thinking FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Anybody else have issues making transfers at this time of the morning? Been trying to swap Dilva to Sane for the past 15 mins.
    I'm guessing it's due to the price changes taking effect.
    I'm now short due to the price swing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Anybody else have issues making transfers at this time of the morning? Been trying to swap Dilva to Sane for the past 15 mins.
    I'm guessing it's due to the price changes taking effect.
    I'm now short due to the price swing :(

And I thought I was bad for waiting until the last minute!

Looks like you got done by the price change unfortunately. Approx 1-1:15am these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

manual_man wrote:
    Fabregas out for Groß it is

I too have Fabregas stinking up my team, can u ask why you went with Groß (apart from form), is there anything I'm missing...

PARlance wrote: »
    And I thought I was bad for waiting until the last minute!

Looks like you got done by the price change unfortunately. Approx 1-1:15am these days.

Ah was only just home from a concert and saw that Sane was rising again. And also that lots of people believe he's pretty nailed in Peps team.

I'll have to try shoehorn him in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

Uninspiring change from me but did Colman to Pope just to have another playing keeper to call on. Waste of a transfer some would say but who would you play between De Gea and Pope. Utd away to Chelsea and Burnley away to Southampton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Uninspiring change from me but did Colman to Pope just to have another playing keeper to call on. Waste of a transfer some would say but who would you play between De Gea and Pope. Utd away to Chelsea and Burnley away to Southampton?

DDG for me, Jose will well and truly park the bus and try to see out a 0-0.

Should pick up BPS if that's the case, hence why I'm starting with Jones this week myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

One of those ones where I use the bookies odds to help me cos on the surface it seems a really tough call.

The bookies say go with De Gea (9/4 clean sheet vs 7/2 for Pope).

Was also looking at Mourinho's records against the top 6 away from home since he joined United. It's pretty awful (only one goal scored), but there's a lot of 0-0s in there. The man knows how to park a bus and you can only assume he'll do it again against Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I'm almost sure at least one of my starters won't play so it seems wise to use a -4 to get a playing bench player. It's a long term move so even if they just get 2 points I'll see it as a 2 point hit rather than 4.

Any advice between Yedlin vs Manquillio? They bpth seem fairly nailed on but is there one who is more nailed on?

Was leaning towards Yedlin as his BPS numbers have been considerably higher than Manquillo's recently but would appreciate any input

Morzadec wrote: »
    One of those ones where I use the bookies odds to help me cos on the surface it seems a really tough call.

The bookies say go with De Gea (9/4 clean sheet vs 7/2 for Pope).

Was also looking at Mourinho's records against the top 6 away from home since he joined United. It's pretty awful (only one goal scored), but there's a lot of 0-0s in there. The man knows how to park a bus and you can only assume he'll do it again against Chelsea.
    DDG for me, Jose will well and truly park the bus and try to see out a 0-0.

Should pick up BPS if that's the case, hence why I'm starting with Jones this week myself.

Cheers lads DDG it is so.

Would Jesus/Kolasinic to Aguero/Daniels be worth a -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Would Jesus/Kolasinic to Aguero/Daniels be worth a -4?
    It's close to impossible to second guess City's players to pick so I feel once you've chosen one/some, it's better to stick with them.
    That said, I do have Jesus and feels like I backed the wrong horse so far...
    B'mouth have a favourable run of fixtures so Daniels sounds like a good idea.

I see many getting Sane in. Ok his late stats are insane but can't we expect Pep to rotate him this week-end considering he started the last couple of games while Sterling & the Silvas were rotated? Or has he become back Pep's favourite?

Morzadec wrote: »
    I'm almost sure at least one of my starters won't play so it seems wise to use a -4 to get a playing bench player. It's a long term move so even if they just get 2 points I'll see it as a 2 point hit rather than 4.

Any advice between Yedlin vs Manquillio? They bpth seem fairly nailed on but is there one who is more nailed on?

Was leaning towards Yedlin as his BPS numbers have been considerably higher than Manquillo's recently but would appreciate any input

They both have pretty similar stats to be honest, but Yedlin wasn't involved in the first 4/5 games was he injured? Yedlin seems to offer more BPS potential but Manquillio looks to be the more nailed on starter. On that basis i'd go with Manquillio but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Did Lacazette to Kane, waste of a transfer last week in hindsight.

Two decisions left to make now, Lossl or Elliot to play in goal got burned last week with leaving Lossl on the bench while he saved a penalty.

Second is whether or not to triple captain Kane. Looked lively and involved the other night without getting on the score sheet, hoping he is chomping at the bit sunday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Current team is below;

De Gea (Elliott)
    Davies -- Cedric -- Lowe (Hegazi, Mbemba)
    Eriksen -- Salah -- Sterling -- Mooy (TPT)
    Kane (c) -- Jesus -- Chicharito

Don't really want to be forced into playing Mooy and Chicharito this week, and Jesus could score anywhere from 0 - 10+ vs Arsenal. He didn't have a shot last week though...

Considering a -8 to take Jesus, Chicharito and Mooy out for Vardy, Rashford and Zaha. Rashford is a gamble v Chelsea but think he's the better option at his price over Lukaku, and United have a great run coming up. Vardy and Zaha need no explanation at their price points...

Thoughts welcome!

Advertisement