Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

council house application

Options
  • 28-10-2017 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Can somone tell me about the question on the form in regards to if you owned a house in the past,,what is the relevance if you no longer do and not in 25 yrs,
    also how can i get an affidivit to show how the proceeds,were disposed of,
    House sold 25 yrs ago after marraige break up.bank no longer exists, sale only covered the mortgage ,few thousand left was split to set up rented places seperatly,solicitor i used also no longer works ,
    Have no paper work whatsoever not sure what to do about this.
    apoligies if in wrong forum .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

It has no relevance. You are need of housing now, you don't have a house that you own, and your accomodation now is not suitable for your needs (assumed)

Who is asking you to swear an affidavit?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

myshirt wrote: »
    It has no relevance. You are need of housing now, you don't have a house that you own, and your accomodation now is not suitable for your needs (assumed)

Who is asking you to swear an affidavit?

It is relevant.

The council will be asking. A person who has owned a house before may not be eligible for housing now. Probably the separation will be enough to get over this, it depends on the council's policy.

OP ask other local solicitors if anyone knows what happened to your previous solicitors records. If they really cannot be found then a local silicitor can also help with an affidavit.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marguerite2000

It is relevant.

The council will be asking. A person who has owned a house before may not be eligible for housing now. Probably the separation will be enough to get over this, it depends on the council's policy.

OP ask other local solicitors if anyone knows what happened to your previous solicitors records. If they really cannot be found then a local silicitor can also help with an affidavit.

i asked citizens advive ,and they said just put a note explaining ,but i dont want any delays so want to make sure all is correct at time of posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

If you are applying for a council house expect a long wait. Depending where you live it could be years or even decades.

Advertisement