Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for 30yo brother

Options
  • 28-10-2017 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone had any ideas, my brother is turning 30 soon and I have no ideas for a gift. He doesn’t drink or smoke, isn’t into going out for meals or going on holidays, is a gamer and into his tech but he has everything up to date as it is a hobby of his, he doesn’t live in Ireland so ideally not something too bulky, a gift voucher for something is a last resort but I’d rather not. Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

What about you visiting him for a weekend around his birthday and treating him to a nice meal out or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

He lives very far away and money is fairly tight at the moment so although a good idea I can’t see how I could swing it, also would have to go alone as couldn’t afford to bring my family and would have to take time off work during a busy period. He’s always been very tough to buy for unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Is he into anything that you could get him something cool/fun related to other than games, which it sounds like he's got covered?

Things that seem to be kinda popular these days (or always):
    Cycling, coffee, beards, driving, cooking, baking, eating, cars, motorbikes, any sport, gym, exercise, music, movies, superheroes, cartoons, tea, hats, clothes, badges, suits, hoodies, cufflinks, tie pin, watches, clocks, puzzles, board games, card games.

There's loads of stupid little things I'd love related to some of the above (others not so much), I'm currently struggling to think of anything at all for my wife for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Aw wow loads of great suggestions there, thanks so much!

Advertisement