Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin port tunnel toll

• 28-10-2017 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

the port tunnel authority has said that motorhomes even over 3,500 kg are not free as they are not classed as a commercial vehicle.
    we live down in waterford & if we used the tunnel from the port, we would then have to pay the M50 toll that would be 2 tolls to get out of dublin.
    we wont be going that route.
    tony

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,356 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Getting out of Dublin from the port is handy enough without having to go anywhere near the M50. To me it'd be a very circuitous route, with no real time benefit.

I think I'd be more inclined to go straight down the quays and out through Inchicore. More direct, and probably no significant time difference.

Remember you can use the bus lane outside of bus lane operation hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Why would you go via m50 and port tunnel? Unless you are driving at rush hour, it will probably be slower.

And they are 100% correct that a large motorhome is not a commercial vehicle. its neither officially classified as one nor does it carry goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

we have been going along the quays & inchicore.
    if we arrive in between 5 & 6pm we would stay in the port until 7.30pm.
    but now they have changed the lanes to one lane on part of the quay what is it like now ?
    tony

• Administrators Posts: 14,356 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I don't know. But I think the quays bus lanes only operate until 7. So as soon as it hits 7 you can use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,478 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can of course use the Chapelizod Bypass and North Circular Road.

Port Tunnel toll is much reduced when off peak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

Victor wrote: »
    You can of course use the Chapelizod Bypass and North Circular Road.

Port Tunnel toll is much reduced when off peak

years ago before the M50 i was a truck driver & used the north circular a lot.
    what is it like now as regards traffic?
    tony

Rush hour is 16:00 to 19:00. Usually grand outside of that.

Advertisement