Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good restaurant near Olympia

Options
  • 28-10-2017 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

Going to concert in Olympia on Tuesday night. Haven't been near the Olympia in years.
    Any tips for good restaurant near by? We enjoy all sorts of food but would rather not go to fast food type place for a change. Not often we get out on our own!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

That's probably the most restaurant-saturated area in the country. There's any sort of food you want within a 5 minute walk. Darwin's on Georges st for excellent steak. Bobos for a burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

La Caverna does a good early bird price and good selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

That's probably the most restaurant-saturated area in the country. There's any sort of food you want within a 5 minute walk. Darwin's on Georges st for excellent steak. Bobos for a burger.
    Darwin's on aungier street isn't so very close to the Olympia.
    Not miles away but not so very close if someone isn't from Dublin/ familiar with the area.

The staff are nice enough. Haven't had their steak but what I did have there wasn't impressive.
    Bobos burgers are muck if you'll pardon the expression.
    Crackbird is a few doors away from the Olympia, as is Mykonos Greek restaurant.

Enjoy the concert and the food OP.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Chez Max is lovely and just across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

There is a new pizza restaurant called Forno just two doors from the Olympia. I havent tried it yet but heard good reports. If I was going for a burger then Wowburger in the Workmans Club is great though the surroundings are less than salubrious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You go to Bunsen for a burger. Umi across the road decent for a falafel. Rustic Stone or Pichet for a nice meal etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

+1 for Mykonos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Thanks folks. We'll be in the area early tomorrow so will take a snoop at some of those suggestions.
    Beyond excited at the thoughts of eating without a two year old in tow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Umi is nice for a quick bite!
    Anyway, youve literally hundreds of resturants within 5 minute radius around there to choose from :pac:

We were tight for time so ended up eating in Mykonos as its so close. It was absolutely beautiful. Three courses, two minerals and two glasses of wine - €57. Mouth watering at the thoughts of it here!
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Foy put on a hell of a gig on Tuesday :)

I'd add in Corfu, Greek restaurant on Parliment Street, similar prices to Mykonos (possibly cheaper still?) and really nice food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Cleaver East in the Clarence, €17 for a two course dinner pre-gig last week

I'll be back in March to annoy ye all again for recommendations near Vicar Street - Bellx1 tickets sorted.

(BTW hotel accommodation is gone crazy. Jurys Christchurch €300 odd for double room next March!!! Mental)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

heldel00 wrote: »
    I'll be back in March to annoy ye all again for recommendations near Vicar Street - Bellx1 tickets sorted.

(BTW hotel accommodation is gone crazy. Jurys Christchurch €300 odd for double room next March!!! Mental)
    €300 for 1 night?
    that's crazy

Have you checked out other hotels, other than Jurys Christchurch, maybe try a search on Kayak.ie or booking.com or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Hilton Heuston is 149 and nicer!

Oh yeah I've checked out others. Jurys was always our go-to in years gone by but wouldn't pay €300 in a fit! I'll check out the Hilton. Thank you

Advertisement