Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is Aldi coming to Newbridge?

Options
  • 28-10-2017 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭

Gave up doing our weekly shopping in LIDL due to a number of reasons, among them half empty shelves.

Went back to Tesco recently. Was in our local Tesco ( Newbridge ) today and noticed a selection of cheeses on special ( 2 for €5/3 for €10 ). Upon paying noticed we were chatged for each individual cheese.

Got refunded but the supervisor asked me to show Her where the signs were. On going back to the shelf, there was 1 yellow label with 2 for €5 right beside a yellow label 3 for €10 and immediatley beside that yet another yellow label with 2 for €5. She said one cheese is in the 2 for 5 category, but the other was in the 3 for 10 category - VERY decieving. I felt they were deliberatly placed like that to confuse people.

Really don't want to have to go to Dunne's ( must be the most un friendly SC in Ireland ), so wondering when, if ever, Aldi will open in Newbridge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Any day now for the past 8 years. They've applied multiple times for PP in the town but always rejected. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up. The last rumor I've heard is the one where they are suppose to be going in Newbridge retail park redevelopment , whenever the hell that starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

I’ve heard it’s next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I go to Aldi at Monread or Kildare town these days. Lidl in Newbridge is only for emergencies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

JeffK88 wrote: »
    Any day now for the past 8 years. They've applied multiple times for PP in the town but always rejected. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up. The last rumor I've heard is the one where they are suppose to be going in Newbridge retail park redevelopment , whenever the hell that starts.

They have their planning. It is going next to the Topaz station beside Dunnes stores.

It part of an overall redevelopment of the retail park and leading into the courtyard shopping centre (all owned by same company) so that TKMaxx, Supervalu, Aldi, Maxi Zoo etc will be all part of a new connected scheme with a new "street" going from where Kavanaghs curtains is.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭richiek83

Some pics of the planned Courtyard Development. Treacy Developments recently provided further info. Decision due on the 7th Nov 2017

• Advertisement

Sorry, now attached

A few more pics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I live in newbridge but I go to the Aldi in naas
    More better value

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

CeilingFly wrote: »
    They have their planning. It is going next to the Topaz station beside Dunnes stores.

It part of an overall redevelopment of the retail park and leading into the courtyard shopping centre (all owned by same company) so that TKMaxx, Supervalu, Aldi, Maxi Zoo etc will be all part of a new connected scheme with a new "street" going from where Kavanaghs curtains is.

Yea but is there any time frame?

ando wrote: »
    CeilingFly wrote: »

Yea but is there any time frame?
    Developers stated in their further info response for the Courtyard SC extension that construction would commence in early 2018 and be complete by late 2019 subject to planning permission being granted, presuming similar timeframe for the possible Aldi development

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Anybody know what's going in to the unit they are working on opposite Supervalu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Cazale wrote: »
    Anybody know what's going in to the unit they are working on opposite Supervalu?

2 biggest rumours around town are new coffee shop and an Iceland store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Cazale wrote: »
    Conspectus wrote: »
    2 biggest rumours around town are new coffee shop and an Iceland store.

Planning received for dividing it into 2 units. Unit 16b, 208sqm + removal of mezzanine granted for cafe.

Unit 16a is just 129sqm so is far too small for food use - I'll guess that kavanaghs curtains may move in as their current unit is set to be knocked in the new development.

I suspect the cafe will be yet another Costa

Advertisement