Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are prepaid debit cards available in Ireland?

• 28-10-2017 6:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭

I have an existing debit card but it's run into some problems with security and my relative who lives in the US suggested that I can get a prepaid credit/debit card.

The thing is, when I google them, all the options seem to be in the States and not here. Can I buy one here?

If so, can it also be linked to my existing Paypal account (adding the temp debit card with my existing Bank of Ireland one)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,080 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

+1 on revolut ...............find it great .................and best exchange rate i can get with no fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Delta2113

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

A prepaid card is very different from a bank account debit card. ... A prepaid card is not linked to a current account. Instead, you are spending money you loaded onto the prepaid card in advance. In most cases, you can't spend more money than you have already loaded onto your prepaid card.

Advertisement