Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New rifle licence issue

Options
  • 28-10-2017 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hello all.

Just wondering what people think of this.
    today I went to pick up my new rifle. The owner was Not there so I dealt with another member of staff who doesn't know Me.
    He opened the sales book and checked the invoice number in the book against the gun I said I was collecting. Off he went out the back to get the gun _ they write the invoice numbers on the outside of boxes for easy identifying.
    When he returned he checked the book again to verify the serial number and referred to me by my name.
    I said sorry, that's not my name to which he replied 'that's the name in the invoice book'.
    Turns out the owner had sold the rifle to another customer and put the rifle back on the shelf. I came in a few days later and another member of staff sold me the same rifle.
    So myself and another customer have been issued a licence for the same firearm. Well I assume the other customer has gotten his licence at this stage also.
    This is a specific rifle which has to be ordeRed in, they have no more stock currently. They said I have to wait for the New rifle as the other guy bought it first, which is fair enough.
    The shop owner is contacting me Tuesday morning with a solution.
    I am seriously pissed with this, which I let them know about today.
    one member of staffs attitude was ' **** happens ', the other guy was hugely apologetic and said I would be looked after.
    It could be the new year by the time the import licence is granted and I go through the licence system again.

Any advice on how to gamely this.

Im Not going to name the shop, this is not a name and Shane exercise. Just wondering if anybody else has been here before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Not been there myself, but you wouldn't need an FCA1 again - just do an FCA2 to change the serial number and explain at the local station what's happened. You're getting the same make and model of rifle, everything else is the same, so the FCA2 route is probably the fastest way to go. Plus, no new application fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I could be mistaken but I don't think dealers need an individual import licence for every firearm but need to keep accurate inventory of imported and exported firearms as long as it's business to business sales. An import licence by the way is a matter of days ( about a week give or take) through the Department of Justice for private imports and exports.

Advertisement