Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon road bikes

Options
  • 28-10-2017 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if you can buy direct from Germany rather than from the UK. My reason is because all their UK bikes are sold with the UK brake set up. I'm used to the European brake set up ie Right lever/ rear brake and left lever/ front brake.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Muckers wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can buy direct from Germany rather than from the UK. My reason is because all their UK bikes are sold with the UK brake set up. I'm used to the European brake set up ie Right lever/ rear brake and left lever/ front brake.

They only sell direct from Germany. They have a UK help desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

They only sell direct from Germany. They have a UK help desk.

Yes maybe I should re phrase my query. They informed me via email that all bikes sold through the uk have the UK brake set up due to legal issues. So I'm wondering can I buy a Canyon with the Euro set up

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Rokta

Mine came from Germany. Call them or chat with them and let them know how you want to have the setup. if it is a bike with disc brakes all the hoses have a quick disconnect, swapping them over is quick and you might get away without bleeding them.

Just read the above. What bike do you have in mind? I have an Endurace and mine came with said quick connect feature on the hoses.

Edit 2 before trying to explain it, GCN has a video about it. https://youtu.be/RfRWMPMGFW8

Rokta wrote: »
    Mine came from Germany. Call them or chat with them and let them know how you want to have the setup. if it is a bike with disc brakes all the hoses have a quick disconnect, swapping them over is quick and you might get away without bleeding them.

Just read the above. What bike do you have in mind? I have an Endurace and mine came with said quick connect feature on the hoses.

Edit 2 before trying to explain it, GCN has a video about it. https://youtu.be/RfRWMPMGFW8

I'm looking at the Endurance AL Disc. Great value for what you get. Great winter training bike.
    Evdn with the quick connect hoses, do you mean disconnecting at the shifter or at the caliper. If it's the shifter won't it mean removing the bar tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Rokta

The quick connects are in the middle between bar tape and the point it goes into the frame/through the front fork, no need to to remove bar tape, same as in the video I posted.

And yes it is a great bike!:)

• Advertisement

Rokta wrote: »
    The quick connects are in the middle between bar tape and the point it goes into the frame/through the front fork, no need to to remove bar tape, same as in the video I posted.

And yes it is a great bike!:)

Just saw them in the video. Those quick connects look the business. Thanks for your help

Advertisement