Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ray Darcy UnSpectacular Show

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Skid X wrote: »
    How come Northern Ireland have their own Tayto with a different Mr Tayto?

Catalonia have no idea of the problems ahead.

I like mine with some Bulmers cider/cidre or is that Magners :confused:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

sligojoek wrote: »
    I got thrown out of a few of the in the late 80s. Just for my accent. It was dodgy for a while after Enniskillen

What the muslims have to put up with now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

So just to get my anger in first. Mr Humphries recieved a shorter sentence than he would have done were he say a builder, a teacher, a grocer etc. Truly **** judging Judge.

Oooh, late entry, how about 'Celebrity Shortened-Prison-Sentencees'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

Ah the light spot..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Humphries gets sentenced to 2.5 years for engaging in underage sex, a man yesterday was sentenced to 5 years for seeking underage sex, makes no sense...
    A 63 year-old former Eucharistic minister who offered a 13-year-old schoolboy €50 for sex was sentenced to five years in prison on Friday.

Thomas Folliard, Church Road, Aughamore, Ballyhaunis, Co Mayo, was found guilty by a jury earlier this year of propositioning the youth for sex in a south Mayo town in January of last year.

When he appeared for sentencing before the Circuit Criminal Court on Friday, Judge Rory MacCabe said the accused had shown no remorse, and that he continued to deny and accepted no responsibility for his predatory behaviour.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/mayo-man-who-sought-sex-from-boy-13-is-jailed-for-five-years-1.3271575

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Liveline rehashed. I'm off to plus 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

sudzs wrote: »
    Ah the light spot..... :rolleyes:

Perfect for a Saturday night.

That ad where some annoying git gets on stage with everyone he ever met in the audience

"If you can't remember my name sit down"

Why would you have made the effort to go to that meeting if you didn't know the name of the guy who was going to be asking the questions, eh?

It'd be on the ticket and everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭50HX

Not knocking Katie,but it appears to be very easy to win a World title in women's boxing.

maybe...and this only a maybe...but could it be that she is very good:D

That ad where some annoying git gets on stage with everyone he ever met in the audience

"If you can't remember my name sit down"

Why would you have made the effort to go to that meeting if you didn't know the name of the guy who was going to be asking the questions, eh?

Because the other meeting was been hosted by Ray? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Hunky Dory buffalo.Yum.

AAAGGH Brendan Courtney. I'm in limbo.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    A Tayto for sure.

And King.

Love em both, but if I hsd to chose (why do I have to choose?) it'd be Tayto.

Afaik, Tayto Sandwiches in Dealz, coulda sworn i saw them there?
    Humphries gets sentenced to 2.5 years for engaging in underage sex, a man yesterday was sentenced to 5 years for seeking underage sex, makes no sense...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/mayo-man-who-sought-sex-from-boy-13-is-jailed-for-five-years-1.3271575

I think i read that the judge gave the low sentence, cos she thought there would have been an appeal to shorten it, so left it at that?

Will the DPP get at it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

darlett wrote: »
    Because the other option was Ray? ;)

I'm thinking of the drive home

"What was the point of that? We hired a babysitter and you had to leave work early ... we should have gone to Dara O'Briain instead ..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

If there wasn't such a backward repressive attitude to sex in Ireland then this abuse would not have happened to this extent.

AAAGGH Brendan Courtney. I'm in limbo.

Go with Brendan. This is harsh as ****.

This is just horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This is terrible.
    Her abuse.
    The fact RTE think this is suitable Saturday night material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Berserker wrote: »
    Because they are wearing GAA jerseys and they are doing something that resembles Irish dancing. That's double-y Irish.

I can't wait to see where the celebrity thing ends. Celebrity toilet cleaners will be a good one.

When I'm in charge of everything, the first tv show I will insist on is Celebrity Russian Roulette.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of the drive home

"What was the point of that? We hired a babysitter and you had to leave work early ... we should have gone to Dara O'Briain instead ..."

Kill two birds with the one stone, as I'd say you would have caught Angela scanlon there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

This is so sad.
    Poor woman.
    Unbelievable how guys like this can get away with what they do.

And the Humphries sentence is shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭50HX

ah jasus

this woman has been through hell

Sorry to be butting in on the live show but, He's talking to the two children with the Mayo jerseys.

What age are you?
    WOW.

He reached the age of 13. Wow.

Angela Scanlon now on +1

This is so sad.
    Poor woman.
    Unbelievable how guys like this can get away with what they do.

And the Humphries sentence is shocking.

Couldn't watch it, turned over to MOTD, but it's the same story RTE want to exploit, whether it's Trump or Weinstein!

Afaik Humphries had been doing this for years & he only gets 2.5 yrs, the law needs to change here, look at Scotland when they give proper sentences of 26yrs

• Advertisement

It just plummets through new levels of hell. I often say this sarcastically but not this time. A survivor.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Angela Scanlon now on +1

I'm there.

M

Very brave to do that live, fair play to her.

M

He sounds like he's had a splifferoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Why are prison terms for child abuse so low, and why don't the Dáil increase those sentences significantly?

• Advertisement

Sorry to be butting in on the live show but, He's talking to the two children with the Mayo jerseys.

What age are you?
    WOW.

Lol, your timing +1 with those quotes after the current story is just so epicly bad ;)

M

Why are prison terms for child abuse so low, and why don't the D increase those sentences significantly?

They are too busy with bringing in regulations to bring in a minimum price for alcohol.

When I'm in charge of everything, the first tv show I will insist on is Celebrity Russian Roulette.

Double the licence fee for this please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

This woman's suffering is a completely different category to the metoo "he looked at my arse" brigade.

Just annoys me how abuse/assault can be trivialised by a social media movement

Why are prison terms for child abuse so low, and why don't the Dáil increase those sentences significantly?

I heard this on radio during the week, that rape as a word isn't used when children are mentioned, but means more when it happens to an adult :o

This woman's suffering is a completely different category to the metoo "he looked at my arse" brigade.

Just annoys me how abuse/assault can be trivialised by a social media movement

That's EXACTLY how i feel. The other night on RTE they were talking about criminalising a wolf whistle and branding it a hate crime. I mean FFS!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ha, did you wish harm on Brendan.

That was really good.

That was really good.

It is pity Angela is too talented for RTE.

Monkey9, in last weeks thread you said you were impressed with my knowing celebrities. You'll be glad to know I spent an hour with Sharon Shannon today drinkking tea and eating bananas.

That was really good.

Ha, ha, i missed the first time, she went for the jugular on Ray & his big fake laff came out, had to rewind that a few times, someone should have a meme of that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Monkey9, in last weeks thread you said you were impressed with my knowing celebrities. You'll be glad to know I spent an hour with Sharon Shannon today drinkking tea and eating bananas.

At the Fiddler Of Dooney festival ?

You're going to be getting your own chat show at this rate.

At the Fiddler Of Dooney festival ?

No. Sligo Live. I wasn't able to go as I had some driving to do tonight. I know Sharon of old so met her before they did the soundcheck.

@sligojoek, dare i ask what the bananas were for :confused:

Ha, ha, i missed the first time, she went for the jugular on Ray & his big fake laff came out, had to rewind that a few times, someone should have a meme of that :D

And play it over and over and over again like he does with the Theresa Mannion one.

@sligojoek, dare i ask what the bananas were for :confused:

Energy. What else?

And play it over and over and over again like he does with the Theresa Mannion one.

It was actually featured in Have I Got News For You recently, in "who was everyone expected to see with Hurricane/Storm",

they thought Michael Fish was the answer as it was on the anniversary of his "No there's no hurricane coming" :p

Advertisement