Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Headsets

Options
  • 28-10-2017 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys, so its my partners birthday, and he loves first person shooters, on xbox One, so i want to buy him an excellent xbox headset. Can anyone recommend the best ones out there now? Budget of like €150-200 quid I guess?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hi guys, so its my partners birthday, and he loves first person shooters, on xbox One, so i want to buy him an excellent xbox headset. Can anyone recommend the best ones out there now? Budget of like €150-200 quid I guess?

Does he have a headset already?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Clairlyagenius

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Does he have a headset already?

He does, but its a cheap one that he got because his last pair broke, so i wanna get him some high end ones instead ðŸ‘

He does, but its a cheap one that he got because his last pair broke, so i wanna get him some high end ones instead ðŸ‘

Ok then.

Last gen Astro A50. Wireless for game sound but you need a cable from the headset to controller for voice chat.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4641207/Trail/searchtext%3EASTRO+A50.htm?_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A7337207

Lucidsound LS30.

LucidSound LS30 Wireless Gaming Headset - White (PS4/Xbox One/Xbox 360/PS3) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017NDOY4E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_htp9zbEFYQPJZ

Hyper Cloud

HyperX CloudX Pro Gaming Headset for Xbox One/PC - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FY6FB30/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Axp9zb1EDZD98

Does he have an Elite Controller? If not have you considered one? Argos are selling the Elite and Asassans Creed Origins for €150. CEX will give you €42 for the game.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4488556/Trail/searchtext%3EELITE+CONTROLLER.htm

So you could get an Elite Controller and HyperX/Lucidsound for less than your €200.

Ok then.

Does he have an Elite Controller? If not have you considered one? Argos are selling the Elite and Asassans Creed Origins for €150. CEX will give you €42 for the game.

I don't think he does, so i'll probably look into that as well, thanks! ðŸ˜

So you could get an Elite Controller and HyperX/Lucidsound for less than your €200.

Oh man, thats class! I was looking at 200 just for the headset, and then whatever else aside :L

Oh man, thats class! I was looking at 200 just for the headset, and then whatever else aside :L

You'll go down as a great girlfriend for these gifts!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

As the lads said Elite Controller and Assasins Creed Origins is a great bargain. As for the headset the XO One headsets in argos is down to €38 from €70. I've he same one and it's a quality headset. You can remove the microphone jack and use them as normal headphones too. For €188 all that is a bargain and a half.

As the lads said Elite Controller and Assasins Creed Origins is a great bargain. As for the headset the XO One headsets in argos is down to €38 from €70. I've he same one and it's a quality headset. You can remove the microphone jack and use them as normal headphones too. For €188 all that is a bargain and a half.

XO Ones wouldn't be as good as the Lucidsound or HyperX but still a good entry level option.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

emmetkenny wrote:

Absolutely!!

If things don't work out with your fella, give me a shout ;)

:L hopefully anyway! 😂 i was also looking at the Asus ROG Strix, and the Steelseries Arctis 7. Do you think they'd be worth the extra money at all? I'm using comparison sites, but its hard to tell when i don't actually know much about them :P

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Absolutely!!

If things don't work out with your fella, give me a shout ;)

Haha well if he doesn't love these presents i'll keep you in mind! :P

• Advertisement

:L hopefully anyway! 😂 i was also looking at the Asus ROG Strix, and the Steelseries Arctis 7. Do you think they'd be worth the extra money at all? I'm using comparison sites, but its hard to tell when i don't actually know much about them :P

I hadn't heard of either of those to be honest so I can't give an opinion.

What model headset does he have at the moment?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Honestly, if the lads on here are recommending one, then they're top notch. I got the LS30s after they were recommended here, and I absolutely love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I’d also recommend the HyperX Cloud X but recently picked up the Turtle Beach Stealth 600s and love them.

They are completely wireless so connect to the console directly, no dongle needed and no cable from headset to controller. They also have mic monitoring so you can hear yourself properly unlike the HyperX.

One thing though, the firmware must be updated before use. I bought them on release and they just didn’t work at all. Turtle Beach brought out a firmware update a week later and haven’t had an issue since.

Advertisement