Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop x box one s

Options
  • 29-10-2017 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭

Hi in case anyone here buys a bargain console in the coming weeks, be aware, purchased a supposedly new xbox one s 1tb e350, Patrick St Cork,today, registered on Microsoft only to be told that it was used, and has only 4months warranty left, queried this, manager away until Tuesday, received email from customer care Microsoft which advised me to return it as they won't stand over warranty after February, (first console which they tried to flog me was opened, demo she said, obviously I didn't accept it) lady who sold it to me did ring and explain that they would Try and sort it, ps shop only gives one month return

Comments

Wheres the bargain alert?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Ok mate

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Wheres the bargain alert?

Report the post if you have a problem. This doesn't help.

Moved from bargain alerts to CI.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Davy wrote: »
    Report the post if you have a problem. This doesn't help.

Moved from bargain alerts to CI.

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Your contract is with Gamestop not Microsoft, so first of all if there is any warranty issue, GS have to assist in that regard and take it back for repair/replacement/refund.

Secondly, it's likely that Microsoft might have gone by the manufacture or shipping date, this also happens with Apple I believe sometimes.

Of course the other thing is that it could have been used, then repackaged and sold as new accidentally but that seems somewhat unlikely as there surely would have been signs of use on a console that was actually in use for several months.

• Advertisement

Hi in case anyone here buys a bargain console in the coming weeks, be aware, purchased a supposedly new xbox one s 1tb e350, Patrick St Cork,today, registered on Microsoft only to be told that it was used, and has only 4months warranty left, queried this, manager away until Tuesday, received email from customer care Microsoft which advised me to return it as they won't stand over warranty after February, (first console which they tried to flog me was opened, demo she said, obviously I didn't accept it) lady who sold it to me did ring and explain that they would Try and sort it, ps shop only gives one month return
    Gamestop only run a 30day return/refund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

They can't overrule legal rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I was wondering what they were going to do with all the xbox ones they were getting from the recent trade in deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Did Microsoft tell you it was used?

As a previous poster said, Microsoft will tend to slap the Manufactured date or likely sale date as a basis for a warranty. When i worked in Xbox Support years ago we'd normally ask the customer to send in a proof of purchase and we'd update the warranty for them accordingly. Wonder if they still do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They can't, that's illegal. You bought it from them, and you've every right that in the unlikely event of any warranty issue to return it through them.

What they do have a legal right to do is not accept change of mind returns/issue refunds after 30 seconds, minutes, days or weeks. That's entirely up to them.

But the actual warranty lies with the place you purchase i.e Gamestop.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Did Microsoft tell you it was used?

As a previous poster said, Microsoft will tend to slap the Manufactured date or likely sale date as a basis for a warranty. When i worked in Xbox Support years ago we'd normally ask the customer to send in a proof of purchase and we'd update the warranty for them accordingly. Wonder if they still do this?

Yes, have it from customer care, Microsoft in an email

I was wondering what they were going to do with all the xbox ones they were getting from the recent trade in deal.

2nd xbox one from same shop within 2years,spoke to manager, nice guy says he will sort something, and get back to me, I'm going to get refunded hopefully, and but the new xbox one x, as I've no faith in the xbox one after this crap

Jlayay wrote: »
    Ok mate

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting Xbox Support.
    For your reference, your service request number is 1402604658
    As per our conversation today, we checked on the warranty status of the console that you bought as brand new and it looks here that the status of the warranty is only up to fFebruary 19, 2018. The rest of the months were already used up, Meaning that the console was already turned on and used. Since this was bought from a third party game store, Please go back to them to get it replaced with them or settle it with them as well
    Have more questions?
    We have plenty of other resources, too—whether you’ve hit a snag like today, or you just want to explore and connect with fellow Xbox enthusiasts.
    · forums.xbox.com– Discuss topics with other gamers
    · community.xbox.com/chat– Get help directly from an Xbox Ambassador
    · support.xbox.com– Read articles to help solve any challenge you may have with Xbox One
    · account.microsoft.com– Manage your family, payment options, in

Manager is a gentleman, sorted me out, tnx to gamestop

Advertisement