Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we over the annual poppy thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,539 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

lol that is NI both sides for you forget what they have done and blame the other side

A person whose poppy will be prised from his cold dead hand talking about selectively forgetting. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Her body was recovered.

no thanks to gerry and his cronies. they told the police where they buried her but somehow got it wrong. not sure how you forgot something like that.

hopefully Ivor Bell gets to spend the rest of his days in prison. its a pity they cant arrange a cell for gerry next to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

maryishere wrote: »
    They are a legitimate political party now, I'll give you that, although I would still not trust where all of their funding is coming from / has come from.

However to say they "had nothing to do with the killings during the troubles" is stretching it a bit: they seems in many peoples minds to have been a large overlap in membership, from Gerry Adams and McGuinness down.

there is no evidence jerry adams was a member of the ira.
    that crap must have been posted at least 100 times in the course of this thread, if not a lot more. it doesnt get any closer to being true.

it's not crap. it's reality and fact. your belovid BA commited a huge number of murders.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

Utter horsecrap. Typical unsurprising nonsense from the unconditional Anglophile that you are Mary.

Oh so I am an Anglophile now. You are grasping at straws by mentioning Bloody Sunday again for the 50th time in this thread. Change the record. Of the millions of people who served in the forces, only a handful of people were responsible for the murders on Bloody Sunday / Ballymurphy. The conflict in N. Ireland was more complicated than many young republicans would realise. For example, most people who rabble about Bloody Sunday do not know Republicans in Derry murdered 2 policemen - one catholic and one protestant - there a day or 2 before the Bloody Sunday riots, thus heightening the tension.

Sure there were some bad apples out of hundreds of thousands / millions of people.

If you lived in a G7 country, would you refuse to pay your taxes because you disagreed with the government using nuclear power, or having atomic weapons?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

nope wrong. filled with good politicians. they will be running this country soon, get preparing for it.
    In what parallel universe is this happening in? The delusion in this post is astonishing.

• Advertisement

no thanks to gerry and his cronies. they told the police where they buried her but somehow got it wrong. not sure how you forgot something like that.

Wrong again, the ICLVR said they were entirely happy with the engagement of the IRA and were satisfied they did all they could.

there is no evidence jerry adams was a member of the ira.

it's not crap. it's reality and fact. your belovid BA commited a huge number of murders.

again you try to grasp the point and fail completely.

Oh so I am an Anglophile now. You are grasping at straws by mentioning Bloody Sunday again for the 50th time in this thread. Change the record. Of the millions of people who served in the forces, only a handful of people were responsible for the murders on Bloody Sunday / Ballymurphy. The conflict in N. Ireland was more complicated than many young republicans would realise. For example, most people who rabble about Bloody Sunday do not know Republicans in Derry murdered 2 policemen - one catholic and one protestant - there a day or 2 before the Bloody Sunday riots, thus heightening the tension.

Sure there were some bad apples out of hundreds of thousands / millions of people.

If you lived in a G7 country, would you refuse to pay your taxes because you disagreed with the government using nuclear power, or having atomic weapons?

there was no violence the day before bloody sunday. as stated by the most recent enquirey. even the british government stated there was no justification for bloody sunday, that all the statements made by the members of the BA involved in the murders were lies

Her body was recovered.

And indeed forensic examination of her bones reveal she was tortured by the IRA. Charming.

again you try to grasp the point and fail completely.

wrong again. i got the point. your belovid BA commited large scale murder. via themselves and various proxies.

• Advertisement

Wrong again, the ICLVR said they were entirely happy with the engagement of the IRA and were satisfied they did all they could.

i'm sure they were thrilled to be led on a merry dance. im sure that gave gerry a good laugh

wrong again. i got the point. your belovid BA commited large scale murder. via themselves and various proxies.

that doesnt even merit a reply. usual crap from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,116 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

What about the BA killing a mother of 6 when she was in her back garden ?

and i repeat it is widely known that support for the IRA was low up until Bloody Sunday. That was really the turn of the action from marches and riots to bombs and bullets

that doesnt even merit a reply. usual crap from you.

no just a statement of fact. you don't have to like it but it's fact.

Yep, wouldnt surprise me if you mourned them more than the 14 murdered by the paras on Bloody Sunday. You've taken this angle before, somehow lessening the gravity of what happened on 30 January 1972. Have you bought your poppy yet for the weekend? Any chance you'll retract the lies you posted about Brendan Rodgers and James McClean on this thread?

i'm sure they were thrilled to be led on a merry dance. im sure that gave gerry a good laugh

Well I have never seen evidence or video of republicans enjoying torturing and beating.
    I have seen plenty of video of British soldiers enjoying torture and sending it to their mates for enjoyment lols.

That poppy sitting straight there? ;)

Well I have never seen evidence or video of republicans enjoying torturing and beating.
    I have seen plenty of video of British soldiers enjoying torture and sending it to their mates for enjoyment lols.

That poppy sitting straight there? ;)

meh i'm not going to let myself sink to your level.

It's probably time the thread met it's natural end, turned into an utter mess with the delusional post of the year claiming that Sinn Fein will soon govern the Irish Republic.

go away and shine your armalite. No intention of getting wound up by the likes of you.

I don't own an armalite be cause I have no need of one.

You own a poppy, how do those video after video make you feel about the BA?
    Pretty horrendous stuff in them.

there was no violence the day before bloody sunday.

There was plenty of violence to ramp up tensions before the stone throwing riots of Bloody Sunday.

Quote "On January 27, 1972, three days before Bloody Sunday, a routine police patrol on the fringes of "Free Derry" was ambushed by Provisional gunmen with automatic weapons. Sgt Peter Gilgunn, a 28-year-old Catholic, and a Protestant colleague, Constable David Montgomery, 20, died as 17 bullets ripped through their car."

Soldiers had been shot at too in Derry in the months before bloody Sunday, and some locals cheered as one dead British soldier was taken away.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1329300/Victims-of-McGuinnesss-Derry-Brigade-killers.html

Forensics showed Jean McColville was tortured. Her body was just discovered by chance, due to beach erosion.

There were a few bad people on all sides, Francie;)

I still think the 120,000 Irishmen who volunteered to defend these islands and Europe against Nazism in WW2 were by and large good people, who deserve our respect.

• Advertisement

There was plenty of violence to ramp up tensions before the stone throwing riots of Bloody Sunday.

On January 27, 1972, three days before Bloody Sunday, a routine police patrol on the fringes of "Free Derry" was ambushed by Provisional gunmen with automatic weapons. Sgt Peter Gilgunn, a 28-year-old Catholic, and a Protestant colleague, Constable David Montgomery, 20, died as 17 bullets ripped through their car.

Soldiers had been shot at too in Derry in the months before bloody Sunday, and some locals cheered as one dead British soldier was taken away.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1329300/Victims-of-McGuinnesss-Derry-Brigade-killers.html

Forensics showed Jean McColville was tortured. Her body was just discovered by chance, due to beach erosion.

I still think the 120,000 Irishmen who volunteered to defend these islands and Europe against Nazism in WW2 were by and large good people, who deserve our respect.

Nobody is saying they are not, what people don't like is that it also supports those who shot people on this Island

On January 27, 1972, three days before Bloody Sunday, a routine police patrol on the fringes of "Free Derry" was ambushed by Provisional gunmen with automatic weapons. Sgt Peter Gilgunn, a 28-year-old Catholic, and a Protestant colleague, Constable David Montgomery, 20, died as 17 bullets ripped through their car.

When you have examples of what looks like systemic torture and inhumane treatment and in the case you mentioned (Bloody Sunday) the complete complicity of the judiciary to cover it up, I think it stretches beyond 'a few bad people' tbh.

The IRA are gone, the BA are still out there doing 'honorable' things.

Ah, but the problem is the Paras sunk to an even lower level......

What Lee Clegg and his buddies got up to......

http://www.ditto-london.com/pigs-disco

http://www.angelfire.com/ia/ira/images/cr.jpg

fair play for admitting you have been wrong. it takes a big person to admit when they are wrong.

Quote "On January 27, 1972, three days before Bloody Sunday, a routine police patrol on the fringes of "Free Derry" was ambushed by Provisional gunmen with automatic weapons. Sgt Peter Gilgunn, a 28-year-old Catholic, and a Protestant colleague, Constable David Montgomery, 20, died as 17 bullets ripped through their car."

There were a few bad people on all sides, Francie

there was no rioting on bloody sunday. the BA murdered people for being irish.

Less than 00.0001% of the support, if any, would go to such people.

Less than 00.0001% of the support, if any, would go to such people.

Everytime I read your posts I'm reminded of Stockholm Syndrome.............

there was no rioting on bloody sunday.

Wrong "The British Army had sealed off the original route so the march organisers led most of the demonstrators towards 'Free Derry Corner' in the nationalist Bogside area of the city. Despite this, a number of people continued on towards an army barricade where local youths threw stones at soldiers, who responded with a water cannon, CS gas and rubber bullets."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/bloody_sunday

The Catholic priest there too at the time is on record about seeing an armed Republican gunman. ;) He later became a Bishop and admitted it did not make him "flavour of the month" in Derry for a while.

Forensics showed Jean McColville was tortured.  Her body was just discovered by chance, due to beach erosion.

When you have examples of what looks like  systemic torture and inhumane treatment and in the case you mentioned (Bloody Sunday) the complete complicity of the judiciary to cover it up, I think it stretches beyond 'a few bad people' tbh.

The IRA are gone, the BA are still out there doing 'honorable' things.
    A south Armagh man who was “crucified” by the IRA 10 years ago today was so badly beaten that doctors told his mother “they left nothing for us to fix”.

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/paul-quinn-murder-there-was-nothing-left-of-paul-to-fix-after-ira-beating-1-8206039

fair play for admitting you have been wrong.
    what are you ****ing on about now?
    it takes a big person to admit when they are wrong.

that must make you a midget.

• Advertisement

Wrong "The British Army had sealed off the original route so the march organisers led most of the demonstrators towards 'Free Derry Corner' in the nationalist Bogside area of the city. Despite this, a number of people continued on towards an army barricade where local youths threw stones at soldiers, who responded with a water cannon, CS gas and rubber bullets."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/bloody_sunday

The Catholic priest there too at the time is on record about seeing an armed Republican gunman. ;) He later became a Bishop and admitted it did not make him "flavour of the month" in Derry for a while.

Oh and leave out the live rounds fired by the BA and the cover up by the government

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement