If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 55SJ850

Options
  • 29-10-2017 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to get this particular LG TV - 55SJ850. Are there any in stock? If so when can it be picked up and if not can it be pre-ordered?
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

spr1nt3r wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to get this particular LG TV - 55SJ850. Are there any in stock? If so when can it be picked up and if not can it be pre-ordered?
    Thanks
    Hi spr1nt3r,

Unfortunately we are completely out of stock in both our Belfast store and our main warehouse of this TV. I have checked with the warehouse and we currently don't have an ETA for new stock. Were there any other TVs you had your eye on or did you have your heart set on the LG?

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi spr1nt3r,

Unfortunately we are completely out of stock in both our Belfast store and our main warehouse of this TV. I have checked with the warehouse and we currently don't have an ETA for new stock. Were there any other TVs you had your eye on or did you have your heart set on the LG?

Kind regards

David
    I looked at pretty much all similarly equipped TVs. Sony is apparently having issues with wireless since last generation, Panasonic is just as good in picture quality department but menus are laggy and Samsung is OK but seems to be using inferior panels compared to last year - viewing angles are just so so. Also compared to LG all of the mentioned are much more expensive. Love the LG OS and remote as well.

Will keep an eye on stock for LG unit. Hopefully it will re-appear some time soon. Any idea what is causing stock shortages?

What other TV models from other manufacturers would you recommend? Is Samsung UE55MU7000 any good?

What other TV models from other manufacturers would you recommend? Is Samsung UE55MU7000 any good?
    Hi Spr1nt3r.

The 55MU7000 is a very good television.

Currently priced at £949.00 but is an instore only collection and can not be shipped.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202594-ue55mu7000.aspx

Hi Spr1nt3r.

Currently priced at £949.00 but is an instore only collection and can not be shipped.
    Thanks Kenny but there is no way of me driving to Belfast to collect. Bigger and some cheaper TVs are up for shipping, can you please clarify why this one cannot be? I am not trying to be smart or anything, if I had an option I would collect.

I also saw your LG drop the price. Is that also for collection only?

• Advertisement

Hi Spr1nt3r.

Thanks Kenny but there is no way of me driving to Belfast to collect. Bigger and some cheaper TVs are up for shipping, can you please clarify why this one cannot be? I am not trying to be smart or anything, if I had an option I would collect.

Hi Spr1nt3r.

Some products become in store only if stock is short and to entice customers into our stores as we enjoy dealing face to face with them.

This is company wide and not just ourselves here in Belfast. 

Once there is no buy it now button we can not ship the product, sorry.

The 55SJ850 has now dropped to £849 but this has made it an in store only collection also. However there is no stock available at all on this still.

Hi Spr1nt3r.

Hi Spr1nt3r.

Some products become in store only if stock is short and to entice customers into our stores as we enjoy dealing face to face with them.

The 55SJ850 has now dropped to £849 but this has made it an in store only collection also. However there is no stock available at all on this still.
    Thanks Kenny but as much as I would like to pick it up from a store I don't have the means or time to do so. Surely if TV can be arranged for collection in store you can also ship it. I don't mind an extra fee as long as it's reasonable.

Hi Spr1nt3r.

Hi Spr1nt3r.

Thanks Kenny but as much as I would like to pick it up from a store I don't have the means or time to do so. Surely if TV can be arranged for collection in store you can also ship it. I don't mind an extra fee as long as it's reasonable.
    Hi Spr1nt3r.

Unfortunately once it drops the "BUY IT NOW" button on the website it removes it from our shipping list and it can not be picked for shipping by our main warehouse.

We don't do this to be awkward and unfortunately which TV's can and can not be shipped is decided by our head office. We try our best to bend the rules for boardies but there is nothing I can do on shipping these televisions.
    It's not about extra costs or the cost involved in shipping.

As I say we love our customers to come to our stores and with some products only being available in store this brings people to the store for that reason.

I really am sorry.

Hi Spr1nt3r.

Hi Spr1nt3r.

Hi Spr1nt3r.

Unfortunately once it drops the "BUY IT NOW" button on the website it removes it from our shipping list and it can not be picked for shipping by our main warehouse.

We don't do this to be awkward and unfortunately which TV's can and can not be shipped is decided by our head office. We try our best to bend the rules for boardies but there is nothing I can do on shipping these televisions.

As I say we love our customers to come to our stores and with some products only being available in store this brings people to the store for that reason.

I really am sorry.
    Thanks Kenny. Unfortunately I don't share the same love as this means either me traveling to the store or not getting the TV :)

In case I get some poor soul to travel to Belfast for me, do you have Samsung UE55MU7000 in stock? If so how can it be reserved for pickup?

Hi Spr1nt3r.

Hi Spr1nt3r.

Hi Spr1nt3r.

I really am sorry.
    Thanks Kenny. Unfortunately I don't share the same love as this means either me traveling to the store or not getting the TV :)

In case I get some poor soul to travel to Belfast for me, do you have Samsung UE55MU7000 in stock? If so how can it be reserved for pickup?
    Hey Spr1nt3r.

I don't have any here at the store at the moment but hopefully some more should be arriving on Friday.

For reserving one we just require your name and address for our system.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny. Unfortunately I can't get anyone to pick it up for me, will be going for local store and free delivery instead. A bit pricier but no choice.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks Kenny. Unfortunately I can't get anyone to pick it up for me, will be going for local store and free delivery instead. A bit pricier but no choice.

Thanks anyway.
    Hi spr1nt3r,

No problem, apologies for any inconvenience.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.