Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find Ip Cam on network

Options
  • 29-10-2017 11:44am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a Camnoopy Ip cam which works well via their own app but i want to use it connected to a PC and live stream to Youtube using OBS.
    When connected to my pc i get nothing, the cam is not detected. Can i get access to the cam and use it as a normal ip cam or are these cams that use apps locked in some way that they can only be used via their app???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This page indicates they do RTSP.
    https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=IPC
    Thus they'll work.

Connect it to your router not the PC (cabled preferable) and then locate its local IP address from your routers web interface. If that gives say 192.168.1.123 then the rtsp://192.168.1.123/onvif1 address should give you the feed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

ED E wrote: »
    This page indicates they do RTSP.
    https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=IPC
    Thus they'll work.

Connect it to your router not the PC (cabled preferable) and then locate its local IP address from your routers web interface. If that gives say 192.168.1.123 then the rtsp://192.168.1.123/onvif1 address should give you the feed.

Thank for that ED E, I got the stream working via vlc player but its stopping and starting quiet a bit so not good enough to stream on youtube. its defaulting to 720p which is what i want. My network should be fast enough to stream this with no issues but its not working. any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Thank for that ED E, I got the stream working via vlc player but its stopping and starting quiet a bit so not good enough to stream on youtube. its defaulting to 720p which is what i want. My network should be fast enough to stream this with no issues but its not working. any ideas?

Are you using wired only or is any part of the stream going over wireless?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Are you using wired only or is any part of the stream going over wireless?

Its all wired. Streams fine to my phone when using their app. I checked the Ethernet cable with regards speed when connected to a pc and im getting 100mb lan speeds so dont think its the cable. Will try a shorter cable with the cam connected to a router and see how i get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Should be able to find its IP using advanced IP scanner.

• Advertisement

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Should be able to find its IP using advanced IP scanner.

i have its ip and trying to stream using vlc but loads of stops and starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Power supply not the best maybe ?

If it is, it will get worse in night mode ( presuming it has built-in LEDs)

gctest50 wrote: »
    Power supply not the best maybe ?

If it is, it will get worse in night mode ( presuming it has built-in LEDs)

Yeah you may be right, i will try a different power supply and see how it goes. It does seem worse when the led,s kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The app may use a lower bitrate (as its normally internet limited).

If you're windows 10 open the Task Manager to watch traffic rates.

ED E wrote: »
    The app may use a lower bitrate (as its normally internet limited).

If you're windows 10 open the Task Manager to watch traffic rates.

I did change the power supply today and without testing for too long it seems it has improved performance. I'm using Win 7 but did check the task manager and the connection was using just 1% of the internet speed available. Will test more extensively and see if in fact the problem has been resolved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement