Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 data usage

Options
  • 29-10-2017 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭

Long term iPhone user but noticed something that has led to very high bills from Vodafone. During the Summer, the WiFi in our house stopped working in the top floor. As my bedroom is on this floor, I needed to use mobile data on a more frequent basis. I purchased an ad on and was careful to turn off mobile data when not needed. I noticed my data was used up VERY quickly and researched what I needed to turn off. I have always turned off my background app refresh so couldn’t understand the mobile data drain. I was pure fed up on Wednesday when I had to buy more instant data so decided to look into each app separately to discover that, despite having the main background app refresh feature turned off, the individual apps all showed the BAR feature turned on! I was livid and quickly turned them all off separately. Needless to say, my data usage has been very good since then

Advertisement