Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 217: Bisping v GSP (Plus Garbrandt v Dillashaw & Jędrzejczyk v Namajunas)

• 29-10-2017 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

2b0602aeb6e1783c7eff95003057850a.png

Date: Saturday 4th November
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (10:30pm GMT, Fight Pass), Prelims (12am GMT, Fight Pass & BT Sport), Main Card (2am GMT, BT Sport)
    Venue: Madison Square Garden, New York
    Odds: Bisping (6/5) v St-Pierre (7/8), Garbrandt (8/11) v Dillashaw (7/5),
    Jędrzejczyk (1/4) v Namajunas (3/1)

Who Will Win The Three Title Fights? (Please Select Three Only) 268 votes

Bisping via KO/TKO
    0%
    Bisping via Submission
    14%
    VeVeXbeansLegend_DITKJchopperbyrneevil_seedShagNastiidave1982nmg_irextal191The Cavemanphily2002scudzillauptherebelsD.QsupremenoviceMossymanBOHtoxMojoRisinnnnEffects 38 votes
    Bisping via Decision
    0%
    GSP via KO/TKO
    10%
    Mr. CooL ICEMr.Nice Guyjv2000Sam Haincallaway92Lukker-winston82ciantheodAlicanoZero-CoolderfderfUseful.IdiotBrussels SproutMr. ManagerriceromartinbeThe Floyd pEagererBeaverPaully DEncrypted Pigeon 28 votes
    GSP via Submission
    2%
    MorporkRoastermanual_manGamb!t[Deleted User]511jjdonegalSubcomandante Marcos 8 votes
    GSP via Decision
    2%
    gzoladzsmilerfjackwiganMarkJDJimmyAlfonso511dmn22 7 votes
    Garbrandt via KO/TKO
    7%
    Steve_omdwexfordslicus ricusmirwillbebackpastorbarrettrightyabeClara Bdarcedmartyos121johnpatrick81adcakesqwabercdKingJamsieburSteve The Barman511Tommo3434343Porthallianaj89 19 votes
    Garbrandt via Submission
    15%
    Steve_oVeVeXgzoladzjv2000Morporkslicus ricusdave1982xtal191pastorbarrettuptherebelsD.QAlicanosmilerfMossymanderfderfMr. Managerricerohow.garethmartinbeThe Floyd p 41 votes
    Garbrandt via Decision
    0%
    MojoRisinnnn 1 vote
    Dillashaw via KO/TKO
    6%
    mdwexfordLegend_DITMr.Nice Guyevil_seedShagNastiimirwillbebacknmg_irewinston82manual_manjackwiganBrussels SproutSpudman_20000ASOTEagererBeaveradcakesUltimate Seductional87987 17 votes
    Dillashaw via Submission
    2%
    callaway92EffectsrightyabeLionbacker[Deleted User]selassie 6 votes
    Dillashaw via Decision
    0%
    ciantheodbur 2 votes
    Jędrzejczyk via KO/TKO
    5%
    Mr. CooL ICEKJSam Hainphily2002Lukker-Useful.IdiotfroogJimmyAlfonsodarcedPaully Dmartyos121Wrongway1985qwabercdjousting with chairsjjdonegalInviere 16 votes
    Jędrzejczyk via Submission
    12%
    Steve_oLegend_DITMr.Nice GuyKJjv2000Sam HainMorporkslicus ricusShagNastiidave1982mirwillbebacknmg_irephily2002pastorbarrettD.Qwinston82ciantheodMossymanMojoRisinnnnJimmyAlfonso 34 votes
    Jędrzejczyk via Decision
    0%
    Namajunas via KO/TKO
    16%
    beansmdwexfordMr. CooL ICEevil_seedxtal191callaway92uptherebelsLukker-Alicanosmilerfmanual_manjackwiganderfderfUseful.IdiotBrussels SproutMr. ManagerEffectsricerofroogmartinbe 44 votes
    Namajunas via Submission
    0%
    VeVeX 1 vote
    Namajunas via Decision
    2%
    gzoladzrightyabeburjousting with chairsSubcomandante Marcosselassie 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Flying out thursday to this...cannot fooking wait. So much potential for violence on this card.

Also...is anyone giving odds on how much Big Rig misses weight by ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

dashoonage wrote: »

I actually think he'll make weight. He has to know this is hos last chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I actually think he'll make weight. He has to know this is hos last chance

Its mad how just making weight is the biggest concern and not his performances in the past couple years

Looked so good in the lead up the GSP fight and in the GSP fight too, can't see him ever going back to title contention at any weight now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    dashoonage wrote: »

I see he's blaming others for his past misses. Now he's "on his own" even though he's working with the UFC nutritionist. Good man Johny. :rolleyes::pac:

I’ve been working the UFC nutritionist. So I’m working with people, I’m working with them. My weight, I’m gonna try to hit under 200 (lbs.) this week and then I’ll be three weeks out from weigh-ins. By the time I get there my goal is to be right around 195 so [the nutritionist] has an easy time with me. And those are all easy things to do. I’ve been eating a lot, I’ve doing a lot of things differently, been running more, you know, things that I’m not relying on other people about. Even though I’m working with the UFC on the nutrition side, I’m really on my own in a theory because I’m making sure that I do it. I’ve relied on other people and it’s time for me to say, ‘hey, now if I miss weight it’s because of me.’ And that’s what sucks too, you know, these people, you get sick, you don’t lose weight when you get sick. Your body holds onto everything. And not only that, but I was in good shape going into that fight [with Boetsch] and it looked like I didn’t train at all.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Paully D wrote: »
    I see he's blaming others for his past misses. Now he's "on his own" even though he's working with the UFC nutritionist. Good man Johny. :rolleyes::pac:

He just said hes been eating alot, game over already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Fantastic fight card.

Think bisping shades the main event by decision.

Hopefully no love knocks out the snake and wonderboy knocks out masvidal.

Would love duffy to get the win on the prelim main event

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Namajunas via Decision
    FS1 prelim headliner is an amazing spot on a card that'll do 1m+ buys for Duffy to get the attention of casual fans with his exciting style. Think all the fights on this card are amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Its mad how just making weight is the biggest concern and not his performances in the past couple years

Looked so good in the lead up the GSP fight and in the GSP fight too, can't see him ever going back to title contention at any weight now

Well if he cuts weight properly, assuming he hasn't been the last while. He will still have to perform to stop being cut imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Glad to see Duffy fighting too. I'm really looking forward to Garbrandt and Dillashaw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Cody TJ is the best fight of the year
    Literally no idea how it will play out. Would like TJ to win it though personally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Wonderboy v masdival going under the radar here it seems. Wonderboy really has to make up for the 2 stinkers he had against Woodley, really looking foward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    I don't get the hatred for dillashaw. It seems he decided to move on from TAM. So what. I don't see a big deal with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Namajunas via Decision
    Chris Holdsworth just on MMA Hour now and confirmed that not long before Holdsworth TUF Final fight he was sparring with TJ, shot for a takedown, TJ sprawled and stuffed it and while Holdsworth was still on all fours TJ kneed him in the top of the head from turtle top and concussed him.

What an absolute scumbag.

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Chris Holdsworth just on MMA Hour now and confirmed that not long before Holdsworth TUF Final fight he was sparring with TJ, shot for a takedown, TJ sprawled and stuffed it and while Holdsworth was still on all fours TJ kneed him in the top of the head from turtle top and concussed him.

Also said that TJ was taking a "special supplement" for the Barao fight.

Really hope no love ko's TJ stiff and hurts him in the process. The man truly is the defintion of a snake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Holdsworth has consistently denied that story up until now, I find it odd that the week of the fight he says it's true and makes a steroid allegation with it.

Namajunas via Decision
    Holdsworth didn't deny it happened ever, he just didn't talk about it.

Chris said he only talked about it now because TJ denied it happened at all in several interviews last week and said Holdsworth is only out of action because he had bad nutrition and wasn't cutting weight properly.

Stay classy TJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Cant wait for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    The main event still doesn't do it for me. Such a stupid situation.

Namajunas via Decision
    Beersmith wrote: »

The main is a circus. A journey man against a blown up four year retired welterweight.

GSP by boring wrestling grind win.

Not selling well, won't do big pov numbers. Typical Dana White cluster ****.

Card over all is pretty decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    I've got TJ for the fight but this whole TJ - Team Alpha Male thing is such BS, every one of them are snakes or drama queens. TJ never denied that he went too hard in sparring even if kneeing someone on all fours is a bit scummy (though possibly it could've been accidental/similar to something like the weirdness at the end of Weidman v Mousasi). Cody literally said that Holdsworth choked TJ out and then TJ got pissed off and kneed him in the head after the spar so someone is telling porkies here.

Also accusing someone who was in your own gym of PED's? Surely Faber or someone else higher up in TAM would've been over-looking this and its especially damning of TAM because Chad Mendes popped too so who's to say they weren't all on sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,802 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Im surprised this card is selling so badly, Its the best card in a while ,
    I know the main event doesn't;t make much sense but id have thought people would still be interested in seeing what GSP is like on his return , Plus the Coady v Tj fight should be a great one,
    Other than anything involving Conor, What fight do people think the UFC could make that would be a huge sell out at the moment ? I can't think of one off the top of my head, Seems people are only really watching in large numbers if Conor is involved,

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Im surprised this card is selling so badly, Its the best card in a while ,
    I know the main event doesn't;t make much sense but id have thought people would still be interested in seeing what GSP is like on his return , Plus the Coady v Tj fight should be a great one,
    Other than anything involving Conor, What fight do people think the UFC could make that would be a huge sell out at the moment ? I can't think of one off the top of my head, Seems people are only really watching in large numbers if Conor is involved,

Card has been very badly promoted imo but dana and the ufc have looked very half arsed in all their promotion efforts lately if mcgregor is not involved.

I think stipe vs cain for the heavyweight title is the next big fight that could sell very well if promoted well not involving mcgregor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Beersmith wrote: »

Its interesting though. A very overrated champ vs a possibly washed up veteran who was one of the best ever. If boring to watch.

As others have said, would love to see a dominant Duffy performance and a good KO. Its time he made it to the main cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I love me some Bisping and was never a fan of GSP so hoping Bisping works him over. Georges is looking thick! Wonder how the gas tank will do carrying around the extra weight.

Also think TJ and Masvidal are being under rated in general and are very live underdogs. Think I'll punt the three.

Given the news that 221 is going to be down under and whoever wins has to face bobby knuckles then i hope bisping wins....soon the reign of bobby knuckles will begin..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭xtal191

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    If TJ was such a dickhead sparing etc why are they so annoyed he left, they should've been delighted. I cant stand anyone from Team Alpha Male, they're like ****ing children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GSP via KO/TKO
    I will be absolutely ecstatic of Rose pulls off the win, can only see her winning by sub though and even then her chances are slim. Lets go Thug Rose!!!

Cofy vs TJ should be a great fight, cannot wait for it.

I dunno how to feel about Bisping GSP. Will be interesting but I'd have no problem if it fell off the card.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I will be absolutely ecstatic of Rose pulls off the win, can only see her winning by sub though and even then her chances are slim. Lets go Thug Rose!!!

Cofy vs TJ should be a great fight, cannot wait for it.

I dunno how to feel about Bisping GSP. Will be interesting but I'd have no problem if it fell off the card.

#TeamJJ

• Advertisement

OSP bumped up to the FS1 section for this.

Embedded 2

Advertisement