Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 217: Bisping v GSP (Plus Garbrandt v Dillashaw & Jędrzejczyk v Namajunas)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

bajer101 wrote: »
    No it's not. Ive worked in IT for the last 30 years.
    What has working in IT got to do with anything? :confused:
    It's a simple setting in the control panel. That's my screenshot from this page above, the poll isn't taking up 33% of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Mellor wrote: »
    What has working in IT got to do with anything? :confused:
    It's a simple setting in the control panel. That's my screenshot from this page above, the poll isn't taking up 33% of the page.

Default setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Every fúcking time I come to this page I am greeted with the poll question and results. Do you not see the problem here?

Default setting.

I'm suggesting you suggesting you change it so you don;t have to look at the poll so often. Why is this so hard to understand?
    Every fúcking time I come to this page I am greeted with the poll question and results. Do you not see the problem here?

Honestly, I don't see the problem. Scroll past like you would any post you've read. Takes 1 second - which is a lot less than the time you've lost whinging about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Namajunas via KO/TKO

If a poll on the internet bothers you so much im surprised you like mma, get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Paully D wrote: »
    Can't stop laughing at DC's "Thug Rose" x 50 when Namajunas won last night. :pac:

That was extremely annoying. Have a bit of composure and say nothing if that's all you have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Jędrzejczyk via Submission
    Beersmith wrote: »
    That was extremely annoying. Have a bit of composure and say nothing if that's all you have to say.

DC is a WWE fan. He sounded like he was mimicking the old commentator jim ross.

It sounded crap and irritating to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Great night of fights ,
    Anyone think that may be the end of JJ as being as feared as she was,
    She rarely gets hit but when she does she drops, She's now been dropped by, Karolina,Claudia and Rose all single shots by 3 straw weights , Her chin is her obvious weakness, instead of getting beaten up trying to take her downs people mite try walk her down ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

bajer101 wrote:
    As a relatively infrequent visitor to these threads, the polls are very annoying. Any time I visit a thread on this forum I have to scroll past a half page of a poll each page. Maybe this doesn't happen for regulars and the annoying polls disappear if you vote. But as a visitor - it is very annoying.

Well three title fights and a few options for each equals a bigger than usual poll.

Unfortunately for you the majority here enjoy the poll, so it's not changing most likely.

It's a shame the posts take up so much of your screen but luckily you worked in IT for 30 years so you should be ok to change the default settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I liked DCs commentary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The Nal wrote: »
    I liked DCs commentary!

THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE
    THUG ROSE

He was like a robot that blew a fuse and got stuck on repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

DrPhilG wrote:
    He was like a robot that blew a fuse and got stuck on repeat.

Genuinely laughed loudly at that post. Which is fine but I'm in work so yeah........ **** you and your humorous posts, I now look like a weirdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

I backed rose by submission at 14/1 paddy power refusing to pay out saying it was a ko. Anyone know the best route to go regarding trying to get a payout? JJ clearly tapped..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭XsApollo

What did Buffer call it as?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    rogieop wrote: »
    I backed rose by submission at 14/1 paddy power refusing to pay out saying it was a ko. Anyone know the best route to go regarding trying to get a payout? JJ clearly tapped..

You won't get paid. Tapping to strikes doesn't count as submission! Buffer even announced it as Knockout!

It wasn't a submission imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    You won't get paid. Tapping to strikes doesn't count as submission! Buffer even announced it as Knockout!

Some betting companies actually include verbal tapping due to strikes as a sub.

Likely get nothing off Paddy Power, ref waved off fight late and not sure if he saw tap that everyone else did, it went down as KO officially too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Mellor wrote: »
    It wasn't a submission imo.

She submitted, so in theory it should be paid out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

its down as a ko/tko on http://m.uk.ufc.com/event/UFC-217

its a pity

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The official result for the event was Rose won by KO/TKO - that's all that matters and is what bookies will go off.

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    The official result for the event was Rose won by KO/TKO - that's all that matters and is what bookies will go off.

yeahbit should say sub punches tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Namajunas via Decision
    I don't think the ref even saw the tap, he just saw Rose get up and walk away and thought "better wave this off so".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Tigger wrote: »
    yeahbit should say sub punches tho

I am not disputing how the fight ended...I am saying the UFC have put the result down as by KO/TKO..thats the final word on it as far as the bookies are concerned. Unless the UFC go back and change the result of the fight (unlikely) then the records show it as a victory by KO/TKO.

Dtp1979 wrote: »

She submitted, so in theory it should be paid out
    The ref didn't stop it because she tapped though. He stopped it because she was TKO'd. Official result was TKO.

There have been situations where a fighter is hurt or injured and taps. And it goes down as a stoppage due to submission in the official results. In that case I'd expect to be paid.

Axwell wrote: »
    I am not disputing how the fight ended...I am saying the UFC have put the result down as by KO/TKO..thats the final word on it as far as the bookies are concerned. Unless the UFC go back and change the result of the fight (unlikely) then the records show it as a victory by KO/TKO.

inknow sure i posted the link yo the ufc site
    im just saying i wouod like it in the records that Rose tapped her

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

This happened once before, had rockhold backed to beat branch by sub, it looked like a ko and the result is a ko so maybe the mistake was with
    the bookies on this one? (paddy) I know pp didn't pay out on the tko on this bet as one poster here at the time came on gloating afterwards thinking he was sorted having had a treble up with rock ko being the last leg.
    Would love to know if any other bookie had paid out on the rock ko, I'd imagine most would have given it was the official result. I just got lucky surely and paddy got wise since, only
    found out the morning after.

esoxdw.jpg

If I had backed rose sub I'd have been getting my hopes up after the above bet, don't think the ref saw it like marcos said.

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    She was adamant that she didn't tap on the mma hour tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That was one of the best main UFC events in quite some time. No shame in Bispings loss, it was his match until he was unexpectedly KO'd - GSP snatched victory from the jaws of defeat, really, and fair damn play to him. Not to say that there was shame in anyone's loss obviously. The TJ/Corbrandt could've gone either way, though the Rose/Joanna was the real shocker imo.

Call me red raw noob but where is the logic is a Conor vs GSP match? Discounting the whole spectacle aspect of it, but from a logical POV....it's not logical at all and I would hate for the UFC itself to internally become a spectacle match based on the back of the lucrative McGregor v Mayweather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Jędrzejczyk via Submission
    That was one of the best main UFC events in quite some time. No shame in Bispings loss, it was his match until he was unexpectedly KO'd - GSP snatched victory from the jaws of defeat, really, and fair damn play to him. Not to say that there was shame in anyone's loss obviously. The TJ/Corbrandt could've gone either way, though the Rose/Joanna was the real shocker imo.

Call me red raw noob but where is the logic is a Conor vs GSP match? Discounting the whole spectacle aspect of it, but from a logical POV....it's not logical at all and I would hate for the UFC itself to internally become a spectacle match based on the back of the lucrative McGregor v Mayweather.

$ $ $ $ $$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

• Advertisement

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    mailburner wrote: »
    This happened once before, had rockhold backed to beat branch by sub, it looked like a ko and the result is a ko so maybe the mistake was with
    the bookies on this one? (paddy) I know pp didn't pay out on the tko on this bet as one poster here at the time came on gloating afterwards thinking he was sorted having had a treble up with rock ko being the last leg.
    Would love to know if any other bookie had paid out on the rock ko, I'd imagine most would have given it was the official result. I just got lucky surely and paddy got wise since, only
    found out the morning after.

esoxdw.jpg

If I had backed rose sub I'd have been getting my hopes up after the above bet, don't think the ref saw it like marcos said.

The above still has the finish as TKO. Submission to strikes never counts as a submission! Happened recently enough too, could have been in a different organization

Advertisement