Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 217: Bisping v GSP (Plus Garbrandt v Dillashaw & Jędrzejczyk v Namajunas)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Jędrzejczyk via Submission
    US clocks don’t go back til Sunday so we’ll be only 7 hours/4 hours ahead.

Prelims will start at midnight so! :) main card 2am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

This only dawned on me the other day and I was so feckin happy when I realised. Remember a few years ago they pushed back all PPV's to a 2am (our time) start time for about 4/5 months? That was great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    All made weight so far, Joanna is last one left.

She made weight! 115lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

UKp1jK9.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Has anyone else noticed that the online community seems to have taken a massive turn against JJ in recent weeks?

Seen loads of people saying she has become too cocky/a bully recently. I think she's just been the same as always, what do ye think? Maybe it's just because she's fighting an American this time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Has anyone else noticed that the online community seems to have taken a massive turn against JJ in recent weeks?

Seen loads of people saying she has become too cocky/a bully recently. I think she's just been the same as always, what do ye think? Maybe it's just because she's fighting an American this time?

nope. people always say this every time she fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

nope. people always say this every time she fights.

Always just after the weighins because of the way she carries on.

Her opponents always let her away with sticking her fist in their face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    She's a proper c**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Namajunas via KO/TKO

Yea was all over FB yesterday but anyone who has followed her knows that's exactly how she always has acted in face offs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Love me some JJ. To people who aren't her rivals she always seems nice to them but if you're her rival she has no time for you as she should.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

She’s one of the uncoolest human beings alive, such a cheesy awkward person! But there’s something admirable about her strange ways, and she’s a heck of a fighter. Hope Rose scares her, but can’t see beyond an easy win for JJ in the later rounds. Her stamina is incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    I use to dislike joanna but overtime i have learned to love her. Lovely women until it comes to fight time.Nasty little bitch and i love it.

Do not get the love for thug rose, shes very odd as in bunny boiler type odd

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GSP via KO/TKO
    How could you not love Rose, she does open workouts with her dog!!

How could you not love Rose, she does open workouts with her dog!!

That would be a reason I'd dislike her :pac: She's also likely to have it in restaurants, on planes etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Namajunas via Decision
    Fromvert wrote: »
    That would be a reason I'd dislike her :pac: She's also likely to have it in restaurants, on planes etc

So? It's her service dog. The dog goes everywhere with her.

So? It's her service dog. The dog goes everywhere with her.

I don't know about yourself but I like dogs but just not other people's dogs (or my own) sitting beside me on a cramped plane or in a restaurant where I'm eating food.

I couldn't do it myself. I'd find it being just a tad intrusive on the other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    The championship fights could make for a long slog tomorrow night. I'm predicting decision wins for Bisping, Dillashaw and Joanna, but either way I think decisions are likely in all three of those fights.

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Ion Cutelaba pulled from tomorrow nights even due to anti doping violation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bisping via Submission
    Just watched the Bisping/GSP weigh ins, damn, Bispings eyes, one of them is looking at ya, the other's looking for ya :cool:

GSP via KO/TKO
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Just watched the Bisping/GSP weigh ins, damn, Bispings eyes, one of them is looking at ya, the other's looking for ya :cool:

Was GSP slagging his eyes? :pac:

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/926577379039789056

• Advertisement

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Gsp looking very relaxed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Paully D wrote: »
    The championship fights could make for a long slog tomorrow night. I'm predicting decision wins for Bisping, Dillashaw and Joanna, but either way I think decisions are likely in all three of those fights.

You must have missed it, Clocks go back there buddy! Main card 2am, Duffy headlining Prelims before that around 1:30, first title fight should be a few after 3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    You must have missed it, Clocks go back there buddy! Main card 2am, Duffy headlining Prelims before that around 1:30, first title fight should be a few after 3 :)

Point still stands though. I agree with Paully wouldn't be surprised with the 3 fights going 5 rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Namajunas via Decision
    Fromvert wrote: »
    I don't know about yourself but I like dogs but just not other people's dogs (or my own) sitting beside me on a cramped plane or in a restaurant where I'm eating food.

I couldn't do it myself. I'd find it being just a tad intrusive on the other people.

Sounds like a you problem to be honest.

My last long haul I was sat beside a service dog on a 22 hour flight and it was infinitely more enjoyable than being sat next to a drunk mess for the return leg. The service dog sat in his seat and only got up once every few hours when his owner needed the loo or decided to stretch his legs. Service dogs tend to be extremely well trained and won't engage with people besides their owner unless their owner tells them to.

The lab who was sat beside me didn't even budge until I asked the women who owned him if I could pet him at which point she said of course and told him to say hello to me so he sat up and moved his head toward me and let me pet him for a while before he went back to sleep.

The drunk 40 something year old "professional" on the return was an obnoxious mess.

GSP via KO/TKO
    Same, give me a dog to sit beside and chat to anytime over a stupid human.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Paully D wrote: »

What's that got to do with how long a fight will drag out?

Agree with Paully, think we're looking at decisions in all three title fights and potentially the other two main card ones too.

GSP via KO/TKO
    Ep 6 of Embedded, Rose & Mishka rolling :)

Also, the bit with GSP wrapped in towels enjoying listening to himself slag Bisping is just gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

07:15 am in nyc...time for coffee...gonna be a long day....at weigh-ins last night majority of the crowd was there for gsp, second biggest cheer of the night last night went too.....yoel romero :P

GSP via KO/TKO
    dashoonage wrote: »
    07:15 am in nyc...time for coffee...gonna be a long day....at weigh-ins last night majority of the crowd was there for gsp, second biggest cheer of the night last night went too.....yoel romero :P

He was the 2nd best bit of Embedded as well "I shee you shoon.....boooiiii"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

He was the 2nd best bit of Embedded as well "I shee you shoon.....boooiiii"

he got a massive pop in the garden anyways...went all the yay up into the back and round and back down in the theater, seems like a sound dude.

Ngannou is also massive.

Good bit of support around for duffy as well.

Advertisement