Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a nice country pub

Options
  • 29-10-2017 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Wasn’t really sure where to place this question! My husband and I are looking for a nice country pub that serves delicious food and is set up for dining more than drinking. We want the kind of place you can drive to on a leisurely Sunday for a good pub lunch without dealing with crazy town parking or traffic whizzing by.

We live in Malahide. Anyone have recommendations for such a place near here? Happy to drive up to 30-45 minutes for the perfect pub! We want this to be a ‘regular’ spot for us!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,770 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You could try The Man O' War between Lusk & Balbriggan. And there's The Lime Kiln in Julianstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Bit past your journey time but olde post inn in Cavan is lovely. Station house in Kilmessan? Hole in the Wall castleknock ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭wobbie10

good call on the limekiln. its just off m1 about 30 mins door to door from malahide. lovely food and haven't been disappointed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

The snail box, north of ashbourne is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Another Vote for the Limekiln, they do lovely food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Anglers rest in Castleknock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Sorry. Wouldn't go near anglers rest. Went there for a significant birthday april this year. My best mate booked it. No record when me and oh got there...instead put sitting as add on to table of eight. He went out to smoke and waiter came along to sing to me on my own. I was in tears going home. Horrible. Complained and no answer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

The grasshopper in clonee do nice bit of food.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

The Bloody Stream in Howth.

Log fire, good Guinness and excellent food.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Paddy Donegan’s The Monasterboice Inn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Merry ploughboy, rockbrook

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Not quite in the country but the Salmon Leap in Leixlip

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Merry ploughboy for me too

Advertisement