Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste Disposal

Options
  • 29-10-2017 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭

Embarking on a major project and will be looking for a few tips along the way - would be grateful for any tips.

It is interesting the little incidentals that can add up cost wise.

Gutted house other day - and was surprised to see a double axle trailer was 70 Euro in a bring center :eek:

Anyone any tips on cheapest way to legal dispose of building materials / waste materials.

I'm hearing skips are incredibly expense at this point ?

Thanks guys and gals.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

depends on what your dumping.
    70 for a good trailer isn't bad. a skip could hold twice that and cost over 300.

what are you dumping

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

depends on what your dumping.
    70 for a good trailer isn't bad. a skip could hold twice that and cost over 300.

what are you dumping

Rads
    Floor boards
    Walls
    Wood
    Copper Cyclinder - pipes
    Doors
    Windows

Rads
    Floor boards
    Walls
    Wood
    Copper Cyclinder - pipes
    Doors
    Windows

you should take the metal to a scrap yard. they will pay you for it.

you should look out for a local guy that has a big burner that heats the house. those guys are always cutting up rubbish timber to burn. I know we do . we burn all kinds of timber that I bring home from jobs .

what do you mean by walls.

you should take the metal to a scrap yard. they will pay you for it.

you should look out for a local guy that has a big burner that heats the house. those guys are always cutting up rubbish timber to burn. I know we do . we burn all kinds of timber that I bring home from jobs .

what do you mean by walls.

Some internal and external walls being knocked.

Thanks for ideas -

Do people buy old doors - they would be in reasonable condition ?
    Even laminate floors - seem unlikley.

is that a block wall inside. if so ask any local farmers do they need filling . there is a guy near me that is always building stuff and uses loads of crap like that for filling. once its clean of plastic etc he will take any amount of it. he took an entire house of filling. just drop it off and he is happy

depends on the doors. what type. old solid wood doors maybe someone in a salvage yard would take them. 1980s flush doors , you couldn't give them away

laminate is a bloody nuisance to get rid of. you cant burn it , its full of glue and crap. all you can do is pay to get rid.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much - so 70 Euro not too bad so.

I'll stick with that for the moment and run with a few of your ideas.

Getting rid of stuff is a part of cost I genuinley just didn't think of. You could easliy put over 500 quid into it.

Thanks again - Just every step of way want to make sure I'm covered price wise. Count the pennies sort of thing.

As an aside - seems harsh when you are doing the right thing with your rubbish to get shafted.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

As an aside - seems harsh when you are doing the right thing with your rubbish to get shafted.
    You're not getting shafted, you're paying to get rid of your waste. It costs money to process, why shouldn't you have to pay for that?

Flytipping is scumbag behaviour. I see a lot of it near where I live. Selfish b'stards.

Lumen wrote: »
    You're not getting shafted, you're paying to get rid of your waste. It costs money to process, why shouldn't you have to pay for that?

Flytipping is scumbag behaviour. I see a lot of it near where I live. Selfish b'stards.

Because doing the right thing should be rewarded. Not expensive.

I've no issue paying - but privatisation of waste disposal an interesting topic.

If you push that price up - there will be more flytipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

If you separate the waste you should be able to get rid of most of it foc , or for a nominal fee , especially if you can transport it yourself , except for the concrete rubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,956 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Segregation is the key to cheap waste removal. A lot can be free when sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Our local county council recycling centre takes a lot of that stuff, it all has to be segregated, And there’s different rates for different tkings. If you check online you should get a price list for yours.
    Also those yellow skip bags are a bit cheaper circa €100, and fit a good bit.
    As someone already said, the metal is worth some money, so find a scrap man!

Advertisement