Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hap money back

Options
  • 29-10-2017 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi does anybody know if you get the money you paid towards rent back while you're waiting on the HAP? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Not that I know of.
    Who is paying the balance currently?
    When HAP kicks in, you’ll still be required to make your contribution so it continues as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tamabal

kceire wrote: »
    Not that I know of.
    Who is paying the balance currently?
    When HAP kicks in, you’ll still be required to make your contribution so it continues as normal.

I am paying the rent myself since it was approved 2 months ago, which it's a struggle. They said it'll be done in 2 weeks so I was wondering if it's back paid...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Tamabal wrote: »
    I am paying the rent myself since it was approved 2 months ago, which it's a struggle. They said it'll be done in 2 weeks so I was wondering if it's back paid...

It will be back paid to the LL.

Tamabal wrote: »

It took over 4 months for the HAP ago be set up for my
    Tenant. They moved in April and I got the first HAP payment the other day.

The council/focus ireland were paying the rent in the mean time.

Keep onto them. Tell them you can’t afford it and the landlord has issued eviction notices and you have been homeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

Keep onto them. Tell them you can’t afford it and the landlord has issued eviction notices and you have been homeless.

So tell lies to get what you want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 DeirdreDee

Your Community Welfare Officer can pay the HAP portion of the rent until your HAP kicks in. Happens all the time.

I am a CWO.

Nope. The OP said they were struggling. To me that sounds like they are struggling to pay rent and keep wholesome food on the table.

Talk to the community welfare officer and they will help until HAP kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

Nope. The OP said they were struggling. To me that sounds like they are struggling to pay rent and keep wholesome food on the table.

The OP never mentioned eviction notices or homelessness

davindub wrote: »
    It will be back paid to the LL.

But that would mean he gets paid twice for the same months... I am paying the rent...

Yes, it's hard to keep up with all the bills. I live on 100 a week after paying rent for myself and 2 kids.

• Advertisement

The OP never mentioned eviction notices or homelessness

Not eviction notice as I am paying the rent. Thank u

Advertisement