Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom orthotics experience

• 29-10-2017 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi all
    Not looking for medical advise .I have been off running for the past 2 months as I had pain in both my feet. More so in the right foot .I have pain in my arch and it wont seem to go away.o have been to the doctor and he gave me anti inflammatory tablets which did nothing .I went back running the other day when I felt the pain had gone and it was ok .then I ran 4 days later and was ok again. Then I ran 3 days after that and the pain returned .I went to foot solutions and was told I have very high arches which was causing the fascia band to over stretch causing it to possible tear .I have been running for the past 2 years with about 4 injuries with the bottom of my feet getting sore .I have good and correct runners ect .has any one else experienced this ? Does any one here wear a custom orthotic for running ? What is it like .? Does it take long to get back to running
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ooter

I'm using orthotics exactly a year now, started using them straight after DCM last year and I find them very good, haven't had any problem with my foot (neuroma) since. Expensive but worth it in my opinion if you enjoy running and want to continue doing it.
    The only gripe I had was they told me they'd check with me for any issues and would rectify them but I never heard from them again, it felt like once they got my money they forgot about me. thankfully I haven't had any problems.
    Not foot solutions by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭corkcity

thanks for the reply .will have my orthotics in 2 weeks and worried about how i will run in them ect

Advertisement