Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

UCI are banning tramadol as of next year I believe, it's a bit mad how it slipped under their radar and WADA refused to add it to their list really.

Wrong thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Wrong thread?
    read the last few posts. All connected to O Driscoll radio discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

read the last few posts. All connected to O Driscoll radio discussion.

Missed a while page of posts, my apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Used to take difene with a bad knee before games. Played fine during match but would have a severe limp and be in pain 2 days later.

Effects wore off at tail end of a game once. Pure agony and could barely walk having only been going at what felt like top speed.

Stopped taking the stuff after that and got myself sorted. Only doing long term damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Well at least we can say it's no longer just an English thing to stupidly reject sponsorship money because you don't think it's enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

RTrunning a poll on twitter asking amateur players if they have used anti-inflamatories to play games. 68% of respondents have.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Tummy was grand, didn't pitch wood for almost a week tho.

Never saw you as a golfer Venjur.

I'm surprised we haven't heard from him already about this.

Kimmage had a piece on independent.ie about 2 weeks ago related the use of these in Rugby. Apologies if posted already, I didn't spot it in the last few pages.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/paul-kimmage-rugby-needs-to-tackle-games-dirtiest-secret-37562348.html

troyzer wrote: »
    Well at least we can say it's no longer just an English thing to stupidly reject sponsorship money because you don't think it's enough.

The Welsh are not whinging about an Irish company sponsoring the 6n.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I remember getting cortisone injections to get through matches sometimes when I was a teenager and in my 20s. Not just for amateur rugby but also at a fairly high level in a couple of different sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I remember getting cortisone injections to get through matches sometimes when I was a teenager and in my 20s. Not just for amateur rugby but also at a fairly high level in a couple of different sports.

Bloody cheating Kiwis hey!

Peter Stringer for Dancing With the Stars, he's on the late late now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Wales and Scotland are great really.

New RFU chief exec will certainly give them a run for their money in the gormless stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Peter Stringer for Dancing With the Stars, he's on the late late now :D

I hope there's not throws in it, the poor girl will be flung across Donnybrook at 100 miles an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

razorblunt wrote: »
    I hope there's not throws in it, the poor girl will be flung across Donnybrook at 100 miles an hour.
    That would be assuming Stringer leads.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

He’ll still be there as Director of Rugby...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,581 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,779 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Pau is an interesting one. Currently 11th in Top 14. Granted he will be 33 after WC but must be a few bob involved all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Eod100 wrote: »
    Pau is an interesting one. Currently 11th in Top 14. Granted he will be 33 after WC but must be a few bob involved all the same.

I guess he’s won everything that there is for him to win from a SH perspective so it’s just a case of cashing in now. That’s understandable of course but it’ll be disappointing to see him play for a team at the level of Pau.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Kevski wrote: »
    I guess he’s won everything that there is for him to win from a SH perspective so it’s just a case of cashing in now. That’s understandable of course but it’ll be disappointing to see him play for a team at the level of Pau.

Is Conrad Smith still involved with Pau? That could be something that helped sway him towards Pau over other teams

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

b.gud wrote: »
    Is Conrad Smith still involved with Pau? That could be something that helped sway him towards Pau over other teams

No Conrad Smith is now an assistant coach at another Top 14 club. Montpellier maybe?? I can't remember which one.

Pau are owned by a big oil company aren't they? I'd say Ben Smith went there for big money, nice lifestyle and low pressure rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

No Conrad Smith is now an assistant coach at another Top 14 club. Montpellier maybe?? I can't remember which one.

Pau are owned by a big oil company aren't they? I'd say Ben Smith went there for big money, nice lifestyle and low pressure rugby.

He is still at Pau coaching I think.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Eod100 wrote: »

This Pau boy gettin' rich

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

He's the defence coach at Pau.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

What's the odds on Cheika surviving after xmass?
    Looks bleak down under. I think he'll be fired.

Jackman to Oz? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Dubinusa wrote: »
    What's the odds on Cheika surviving after xmass?
    Looks bleak down under. I think he'll be fired.

Jackman to Oz? Lol

He's done. Worse season in Australian Rugby's history.

It's not really his fault though when you play the best two teams in the world six times and the entire structure of Australian Rugby is collapsing.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,581 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i doubt he'll be fired at this stage... but i expect maybe his whole back room staff will be.

he'll be a lame duck coach going into the RWC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement