Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,578 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Make that 9 tries in 49 mins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Bonkers game and a nice way to finish a European rugby Saturday. Hopefully Northampton can score another to make it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

3 crucial turnovers from Clermont. Don’t think we have seen the last of the tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Cracking game, I miss CA in the main comp

Fantastic try saints!!

• Advertisement

Try number 99

Northampton’s attack has been very impressive. Quality of ball, slick passing and great running lines.

Edit: LOL... pity they can’t defend

We need to start signing Fijians

Jesus christ.

Try 11 in 59 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Christ blink and you'll miss a try

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Gas that a team has scored 6 tries after 60 minutes and still haven't finished off the opposition

One point game.....

12 mins left....

Jeez. Not being sexist but this is a cracking one point game, and whoever the female commentator is has the excitement of a dead gnat on a windscreen.....
    And her Co Commentator isn't much better, but at least he puts some inflection in his voice

Great patience from clermont there in the end. Was a bit helter smelter for a long time and not much composure

Clermont should replace the 8th place team in the Champions Cup knockouts

Well that was great craic for a Saturday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 11,557 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Always sad to see. He was a great player as well. Had a rough run of injuries once he left SA, but glad he was able to at least get a bit of cash before he had to call it quits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

It's a shame but also the least surprising retirement ever.

He was never right after the Stander incident and probably should have called it quits a year or two ago.

He was never right after the Stander incident and probably should have called it quits a year or two ago.

I was wondering was that the start of it, he was in a bad way when it happened.

Extremely sympathetic for the guy for what is now such a common occurrence. Not going to be an easy time for Stander who will no doubt feel some level of responsibility even though it was a freak accident.

• Advertisement

Not surprising but still a shame to see a very talented player leave the game.

Racing will be surely looking at their options now. Finn Russell is as flaky as they come and after that they have Ben Volavola and Raphael Lagarde as their back ups.

Russell already has 14 starts this season for Racing along with 3 for Scotland with a lot of 80 minute showings. He's like to be starting all of Scotland's 6N matches along with potentially appearing for Racing during the 6N too.

I wonder if Racing will look to make a joker signing?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Buer wrote: »

Racing will be surely looking at their options now. Finn Russell is as flaky as they come and after that they have Ben Volavola and Raphael Lagarde as their back ups.

Russell already has 14 starts this season for Racing along with 3 for Scotland with a lot of 80 minute showings. He's like to be starting all of Scotland's 6N matches along with potentially appearing for Racing during the 6N too.

Ross Byrne to Racing 92, you heard it here first.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

6 month payday for Keatley? Although he's in the ERCC squad for Munster he didn't make an appearance, I'm not sure what the rule is. It's not an ideal time in the calendar to look for jokers.

he was never right before the stander incident.. i recall him being in two serious knock out collisions in a short period a few seasons ago while he was with the sharks...

hes always had a reputation as being susceptible to concussion injuries

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Buer wrote: »

Paddy Jackson???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

sydthebeat wrote: »
    he was never right before the stander incident.. i recall him being in two serious knock out collisions in a short period a few seasons ago while he was with the sharks...

hes always had a reputation as being susceptible to concussion injuries

Is that correct?

He was definitely susceptible to concussion after the CJ incident, but I thought that it had been the start of his problems.

I know he copped a head knock for the Sharks since then that impacted him but I'm not sure he had a concussion prior? He had neck problems before that?

https://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/rugby/2017-03-14-a-list-of-the-many-injuries-that-have-dogged-lambies-career-since-2014/

yeah my bad, i recalled incorrectly

... its was neck and shoulder injuries he had trouble with prior to the CJ incident... and he suffered two concussion injurys in a short period when he came back after the incident.

Some score by saints yesterday... Putting 111 points up on the other Saracens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

Hows it going lad's. I hope this is the right place to discuss this.

I joined a club's 2nd 15 at the ripe old age of 28 and have been to a few training sessions and even played in a friendly game. as it was my first game I volunteered to play at blindside flanker. I hit a few good tackles and was quick enough to the ruck when needed. The problem is that I really had no awareness at all and my number 8 had to position me constantly. It was a serious reality check.

The question is, am I too old to start as a beginner? I feel like there is some progress but I still cannot understand the complex plays and calls of my team and I feel like that I am getting in the way half the time when the first 15 train for a game. I train as often as I can and mostly with the first team as the rest of the second team do not train but I often feel very much out of my depth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement