Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,578 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Dickie10 wrote: »
    has anyone noticed that general joe public seems to be kind of delighting in the fact that england beat us? it seems the idea of being number 2 or 3 in the world dosent sit well with irish public.

ireland sports teams generally dont do well with favourites tags...
    and irish people certainly do not do well with compliments.

so when people / media are saying how great we are, its an irish trait to counter the compliment with a proviso or qualification.

tahts being said, i have not talked to anyone who was in any way "happy" that england beat us.... even the most ardent gaa and soccer people i know werent happy.... more along the lines of 'ah sure we were getting to big for our boots anyway' type comments... but literally no one in any way genuinely happy we lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Wales have rested a lot of players for the Italy away game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Ugh...

Link gone.

I feel cleansed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Why are you posting links, giving this troll oxygen?
    Can't you see that you're falling into the trap?

Why are you posting links, giving this troll oxygen?
    Can't you see that you're falling into the trap?

I know. I'm like a bee foraging for nectar before being cruelly snared by the evil McKenna Venus fly trap.

• Advertisement

troyzer wrote: »
    I know. I'm like a bee foraging for nectar before being cruelly snared by the evil McK*nna Venus fly trap.

Delete the link. If you want people like Ew*n to go away, posting links has the opposite effect. People who for some reason care about what he says and engage are just enabling him.

Delete the link. If you want people like Ew*n to go away, posting links has the opposite effect.

Fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭OldRio

If anyone's interested, the Americas Rugby Championship is live on YouTube.
    Argentina v USA is on at the moment. To be followed by Brazil v Canada.

Yes I know, I'm bored. Although I'm curious on what standard Brazil are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Brazil beat Canada 18-10
    That's a huge win for them, Canada eight places above then in the rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,814 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Brazil beat Canada 18-10
    That's a huge win for them, Canada eight places above then in the rankings.

Seen a bit of the end of that last night. Brutal stuff, almost comedic at times.

• Advertisement

Wonder what's happening in Brazil generally. I just remember watching a video of their scrum absolutely obliterating the Māori All Blacks and wondering how they managed that.

Francois Trinh-Duc is leaving Toulon for Racing on a two year deal. Toulon signed a 24 year old from Queensland Reds and will also be leaning on two homegrown flyhalves next season: Belleau (22) and Carbonel (20).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,814 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Wonder what's happening in Brazil generally. I just remember watching a video of their scrum absolutely obliterating the Māori All Blacks and wondering how they managed that.

They did the same to Canada at the end, you could see the Canadians fear. :D

Massive front row - comedic looking in their too tight rigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Another AB moving to England after RWC. https://twitter.com/SaintsRugby/status/1096092959009894407?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Eod100 wrote: »

100+ caps
    3 world cup medals
    0 international points...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Denis Coulson has signed for Stade Francais it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Denis Coulson has signed for Stade Francais it seems.

Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Dan Carter is going back to Racing until the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Clegg wrote: »
    Dan Carter is going back to Racing until the end of the season.

Well sh*t.

With Finn Russell at 10, I could have seen Leinster pinching a win in Paris if they both get to the semi final.

But Carter being available is a game changer even if he's being brought in just as a game closer for the final 25 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Buer wrote: »
    Well sh*t.

With Finn Russell at 10, I could have seen Leinster pinching a win in Paris if they both get to the semi final.

But Carter being available is a game changer even if he's being brought in just as a game closer for the final 25 minutes.

Must be keen to try get a CC medal then. Haven't been following him since move to Japan. Will be 37 early next month but would make a more than decent sub!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Manu Tuilagi is rumoured to be signing for Racing now as well.

It grates how Irish clubs do their utmost to develop academy players, yet clubs like Racing can just parachute in whomever they like.

Clegg wrote: »
    Manu Tuilagi is rumoured to be signing for Racing now as well.

It grates how Irish clubs do their utmost to develop academy players, yet clubs like Racing can just parachute in whomever they like.

And yet Racing have only won two trophies in the last 60 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

And yet Racing have only won two trophies in the last 60 years.

This. F*** ‘em. They might buy short term success like Toulon, but that stuff simply isn’t sustainable. I’d rather be Leinster than Toulon if I’m honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

molloyjh wrote: »
    This. F*** ‘em. They might buy short term success like Toulon, but that stuff simply isn’t sustainable. I’d rather be Leinster than Toulon if I’m honest.

That’s an amazing show of honesty there Molloy. Really going out on a limb :p

Perpignan have finally won their first game of the season.

Perpignan have finally won their first game of the season.

And away to Montpellier too, whose season looks done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

And PJ didn't make the squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

errlloyd wrote: »
    And PJ didn't make the squad?

Hasn't started at 10 since they played Stade Francais on the 5th of January, played fullback twice and dropped out of the squad altogether a couple times. They seem to be looking at pushing forward with Selponi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

Hasn't started at 10 since they played Stade Francais on the 5th of January, played fullback twice and dropped out of the squad altogether a couple times. They seem to be looking at pushing forward with Selponi.

He's leaving at the seasons end, not going to be used unless there's a massive injury crisis.

• Advertisement

If Selponi is going to there next season in the ProD2 you may as well stick with him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement