Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

errlloyd wrote: »
    Leavy was in serious pain, but that doesn't put me off rugby as much as head injuries. I'm not sure I'd like any future kids to pursue professional rugby, but I really hope they're still able to play the game, because I love it.

Yeah. Those sorts of knee injuries can happen in most sports. I'm thinking Roy Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

It's heartening to see the LNR exercising oversight of the clubs in respect of concussion compliance. It would be good to see the other leagues put something similar in place.

It's heartening to see the LNR exercising oversight of the clubs in respect of concussion compliance. It would be good to see the other leagues put something similar in place.

Maybe, but I think a lot of clubs are going to end up in court over legacy concussion issues and the bodies with regulatory oversight are doing just about enough not to absorb too much blame. I'll wait and see if there are any sanctions or penalties before I offer any praise.

Maybe, but I think a lot of clubs are going to end up in court over legacy concussion issues and the bodies with regulatory oversight are doing just about enough not to absorb too much blame. I'll wait and see if there are any sanctions or penalties before I offer any praise.

There is a tidal wave of lawsuits coming down the tracks in 5 or 10 years, that is beyond doubt. There was a big piece on Cillian Willis in the Irish Times a couple of weeks ago, scary stuff.

The system will always rely on clubs to be compliant and that is a major flaw but I don't know how you fix it.

That said, the LNR do seem to have a system in place to monitor this and they have mandatory stand-down periods for recurrent concussions, neither of which apply to the Pro14. If clubs know that there is a chance of being hauled in front of a disciplinary committee, then maybe it increases vigilance just a little, which is better than nothing.

I think the IRFU are pretty bad on this issue to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

There is a tidal wave of lawsuits coming down the tracks in 5 or 10 years, that is beyond doubt. There was a big piece on Cillian Willis in the Irish Times a couple of weeks ago, scary stuff.

The system will always rely on clubs to be compliant and that is a major flaw but I don't know how you fix it.

I think the IRFU are pretty bad on this issue to be honest.

What about Munster - after Tadhg Beirne's near-death collision with Schoeman last Saturday, they didn't even remove him from the pitch for a HIA?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Goodbye Israel Dagg. Thanks for all the memories. Especially RWC 2011

(Forced to retire with knee injury)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Goodbye Israel Dagg. Thanks for all the memories. Especially RWC 2011

(Forced to retire with knee injury)

Was actually just thinking of him this morning and where was he. Hadn’t heard of him in ages.

Great to watch in his prime. Sound lad too. Allowed us to join his stag party when I was living in Christchurch. Did help that my housemate was loaded and bought all his party a number of rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,620 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Folau at it again on instagram and twitter. Worse again this time, could genuinely lead to something.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

AdamD wrote: »
    Folau at it again on instagram and twitter. Worse again this time, could genuinely lead to something.

Sponsors are going to run a mile from this and that's going to force RA's hand.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »

I thought the previous furore was totally OTT and Folau was not blameless but also stitched up to some extent.

It is very hard to see how the ARU can get away with doing nothing this time around. What's he at??

As an atheist AND a fornicator, I'm pretty offended...

I'm a million miles away from being arsed enough to look up his twitter account, what has he said this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

We’re all going to hell! Wahey!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I'm a million miles away from being arsed enough to look up his twitter account, what has he said this time?

5Q4H97h_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Subscribers Posts: 41,578 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

sure i can have a whale of a time with debauchery and drunkenness and repent on my death bed ...... problem solved !!!

It was basically a face book meme style list of types of people who are going to burn in hell

Fairly good craic seeing a man post a meme claiming idolaters are going to burn in hell on Instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

It was basically a face book meme style list of types of people who are going to burn in hell

He also posted a comment on twitter about Tasmania bringing in laws that don't require gender on a birth cert. Can't remember the exact phrasing but it wasn't great. Its also a much more direct attack on one group than his insta post.

I'm not gay and I'm going to hell for 5 different reasons according to him.

Ah, so Folau has been radicalised. I mean, on the one hand he is entitled to his opinion but on the other hand I think this probably makes him too toxic for mainstream rugby which as sports go is quite progressive.

Poor chap obviously isn't particularly bright but he should have realised from the last run around that religion or no, society largely rejects this kind of nonsense and anchoring yourself to it will cost you.

No doubt he'll find a haven in French rugby to continue to play if Super Rugby and Australia exile him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

He also posted a comment on twitter about Tasmania bringing in laws that don't require gender on a birth cert. Can't remember the exact phrasing but it wasn't great. Its also a much more direct attack on one group than his insta post.

What are the 5 ?

• Advertisement

Does worshipping James Ryan count as idolatry? If so, I'm up to about six

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Does he think telling atheists they are going to hell will bother them? What an odd thing to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

MaybeMaybe wrote: »

What are the 5 ?

I'm a drunk, lying, fornicating, atheist. The fifth one really wasn't my fault though. 😂 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm a drunk, lying, fornicating, atheist. The fifth one really wasn't my fault though. 😂 😂
    The 4th one isnt your fault its gods fault for not existing.

Does worshipping James Ryan count as idolatry? If so, I'm up to about six

I’d say James Ryan has me on that list on two counts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I'll be joining y'all in hell. Like many others on here,
    I'm a drunk and a fornicator.
    I'm also a born and bred atheist (not convert like you paddies).
    I'm a liar (the BOD incident in 2005 was no big deal, McCaw wasn't a cheat, Aussies are actually good blokes etc).
    I'm not a thief but I have condoned theft (ABs in Aviva 2013 :D )
    I'm an idolater (Buck Shelford is God. So is Frank Bunce. And Richie McCaw. And Dan Carter and ....)
    As for homosexuality and adultery... if Richie McCaw is involved then I'm happy to be part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

..and he left out referees and Brexiteers........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

salmocab wrote: »
    Does he think telling atheists they are going to hell will bother them? What an odd thing to think.

We're fine with it. Nothing better than a good bit of reveling and debauchery down the pensioners brothel here if Foreignastan.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Fair play to folau for sticking up for what he believes in, even if he’s in the minority. I don’t really believe in forcing views on someone, if he goes against the mainstream so be it. TBH I don’t really care about the off field views of players I watch rugby to see what players do on the field. And that man can’t be beat in the air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

I hear john hayes is an agri-scientologist yet the man roams free even now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement