Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Just saw an update that he's no copyright strikes against now. Looks like they got it resolved between him and the 6N.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Portsalon wrote: »
    Found an excellent stream and it looks as though that's how I'll be watching much of my rugby from now on. :(

The Top 14 starts on Saturday evening but it looks as though no-one has informed Sky Sports about it as there's no sign on a live Top 14 game or a highlights show on their schedules - yet.

Clermont will be taking on ROG's La Rochelle on Sunday at 15.45 and I'd really like to see that one.

I have sent you a pm.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Fixtures will be out tomorrow at 10 according to ERC.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Just saw on Instagram that SOB is doing his recovery from his surgery in Ireland and hasn't joined up with London Irish for preseason or rehab under their medical staff. Would've assumed it'd almost be mandatory for his recovery to be managed by their staff etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I imagine he is still contracted to Ireland til after the world cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Podge_irl wrote: »

Yeah that was my understanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Just saw on Instagram that SOB is doing his recovery from his surgery in Ireland and hasn't joined up with London Irish for preseason or rehab under their medical staff. Would've assumed it'd almost be mandatory for his recovery to be managed by their staff etc.

Depends.....

Leavy was saying he was off for a couple of weeks during WC to get away from Ireland.....

I know before when Heaslip has an injury he used to go to US etc and recovery over their....

Sitting around a house in UK might not be the best for him so at home and walking around might suit better

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Podge_irl wrote: »

Yeah I suppose, hadn't really taken into account he would've missed preseason regardless.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,585 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

mitre10 update

canterbury played 3 , lost 3 !!! :eek::eek::eek:

they were last years finalists

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Aphiwe Dyanti. The Springbok superstar winger and 2018 World Rugby Breakthrough Player of the Year, has tested positive for a banned substance.

• Advertisement

Clegg wrote: »
    Aphiwe Dyanti. The Springbok superstar winger and 2018 World Rugby Breakthrough Player of the Year, has tested positive for a banned substance.

That's very high profile and very worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Clegg wrote: »

I knew Big Karl was cheated out of that award.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Is this just a case that the saffers are testing more than the other nations do, as there seem to be a disproportionate amount of positive cases, compared to other nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

Quick question for coaches and senior members.
    I have a stress fracture on my tibia that occured at the start of pre season. I put it down to shin splints and trained as much as I can on it, thus aggregating it.

I'm only new to the sport and was frustrated as I was learning a lot from these sessions. I know I can't train now but should I still go down to training and walk some walking laps to keep up with gameplans,plays etc? Or would there be no benefit. How would this look to teammates or coaches. Is there anything I can work on without running that can improve my game?

Rest your leg, ask doctor and physio what's best for recovery and hit the gym upper body.

Don't take advice about medical recovery, from internet randomers.
    Rugby can wait

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

England, I know, have their 31 and the Saffers today. Has any other team declared their 31 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I have a stress fracture on my tibia that occured at the start of pre season. I put it down to shin splints and trained as much as I can on it, thus aggregating it.

I'm only new to the sport and was frustrated as I was learning a lot from these sessions. I know I can't train now but should I still go down to training and walk some walking laps to keep up with gameplans,plays etc? Or would there be no benefit. How would this look to teammates or coaches. Is there anything I can work on without running that can improve my game?

Nothing wrong with showing up to training when injured. Listen and learn. If there's anything you can do to help out such as holding a tackle bag or filling water bottles etc. I'm sure will be appreciated. You said you're new to the sport so keep connected with the team and help them till you're ready to take the field again.

is_that_so wrote: »
    England, I know, have their 31 and the Saffers today. Has any other team declared their 31 yet?

italy

argentina

australia

fiji

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with showing up to training when injured. Listen and learn. If there's anything you can do to help out such as holding a tackle bag or filling water bottles etc. I'm sure will be appreciated. You said you're new to the sport so keep connected with the team and help them till you're ready to take the field again.

Absolutely - As a coach I'd always look very favourably on a player turning up when injured/sick.

Shows interest and commitment.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Absolutely - As a coach I'd always look very favourably on a player turning up when injured/sick.

100%

also very useful if your starting out to get used to what the calls are for different moves and plays. sometimes its much easier to see how a play is supposed to develop from seeing its from the sideline or face on first, before being part of it on the field.

and try to help out as much as you can in training, coaches always need help... even if its just standing still during a team run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

sydthebeat wrote: »
    italy

argentina

australia

fiji

Did France not name their 31 months ago?

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Injured: Yes
    Sick: No

For sick risk of delaying recovery or getting worse, also risk of contagion

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

SA's Aphiwe Dyantyi's B-sample has tested positive for banned substances.

https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/dyantyi-b-sample-comes-back-positive/

Thats him out of the WC then. Even if he appeals it would take weeks or even months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭clsmooth

SA's Aphiwe Dyantyi's B-sample has tested positive for banned substances.

https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/dyantyi-b-sample-comes-back-positive/

Thats him out of the WC then. Even if he appeals it would take weeks or even months.

He didn't make their squad anyway but won't be called up as injury cover now

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/son-iranian-wrestler-who-almost-16818237?

Thought this was really interesting about Navidi - I had heard the Iranian wrestler father part but never knew he played a bit of underage in NZ and could have ended up staying.

Christian Wade has failed to make the Bills 53 man roster.
    Shame, I was rooting for him

Feck that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Christian Wade has failed to make the Bills 53 man roster.
    Shame, I was rooting for him
    The media hype was a bit mad, his last TD in particular had some tackling that would make an u-8 team embarrassed, he also ran out of his blockers path. Fair dues for trying though, is he remaining with the practice squad?

Whatever happened to the Worcester lad who went over?

razorblunt wrote: »
    The media hype was a bit mad, his last TD in particular had some tackling that would make an u-8 team embarrassed, he also ran out of his blockers path. Fair dues for trying though, is he remaining with the practice squad?

As part of the deal between the NFL and the teams, he has a guaranteed position on the Bills practice squad IF he doesn't get picked up by another team (24hrs?) after getting cut.

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »

I think that really hurt him, TBH. That was a solid Touchdown if he stayed in line and probably symptomatic of what was happening in practice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement