Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

sydthebeat wrote: »
    so is he off to Sale then i wonder?

No clue. Only saw the news there. Be gas if it was Bristol!

errlloyd wrote: »
    If it's true that Nakarawa didn't come back to Racing because he was helping his family build a house in Fiji then I salute him. What a champ. Money and fame ruins some people, but he's one of the best players in the world and seemingly put family first.

Legend.

Seems a fairly nuclear option by Racing. He will be snapped up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Will he be eligible for Europe? Presumably Racing had him added to their Euro squad, how does that work now?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

so is he off to Sale then i wonder?

Toulon and the Japanese were on to him as well apparently.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Leinster could use a replacement if they arent going to renew Fardys contract

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I’d say his agents phone is absolutely hopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Felix Jones is God.

An absolute beast of a player, wouldn't be at all surprised if there was interest from the provinces also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

errlloyd wrote: »
    If it's true that Nakarawa didn't come back to Racing because he was helping his family build a house in Fiji then I salute him. What a champ. Money and fame ruins some people, but he's one of the best players in the world and seemingly put family first.

Legend.

You'd have to wonder if his family wouldn't be better served by Leone still getting his fat Euros paycheque and employing a builder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

You'd have to wonder if his family wouldn't be better served by Leone still getting his fat Euros paycheque and employing a builder.

Exactly what I was thinking. Pay professionals = probably a days wages from his salary would cover it twice over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I love the PI boys for this sort of stuff. I remember Rupeni Caucaunibuca showing up to his French late and about 15kg overweight after going back to Fiji to play a couple of tests. Or something like that. I think Ben Tamaeifuna got suspended from Racing for coming back after the RWC 20 or 30kg overweight.

• Advertisement

Guess hindsight is a great thing but would think returning back later was partly based on getting more rest after the RWC too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

A great player! Would command a big salary. Also seems to be fairly nonchalant about his job. I can see him staying in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

There's no way a province touches him.

He'll either stay in France with a big club who have the depth and money to accommodate him or end up as a marquee player for a mid-level Premiership side.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,991 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Midi reporting that Leone has verbally agreed a deal with Glasgow. Would be massive for them if true and it pans out. Bayonne also trying to sign him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I think he might be in a good position to take a short term payday move until the end of the season and give his agent time to get a strong deal, obviously risk of injury in the meantime might see it blow up but it might be a shrewd thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

Midi reporting that Leone has verbally agreed a deal with Glasgow. Would be massive for them if true and it pans out. Bayonne also trying to sign him.

Interviewed after their win in La Rochelle, Dave Rennie stated that they had been in touch with him and were hopeful.

They badly need a boost to move them up the table or they won't make the Pro 14 playoffs.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

171170 wrote: »
    Interviewed after their win in La Rochelle, Dave Rennie stated that they had been in touch with him and were hopeful.

They badly need a boost to move them up the table or they won't make the Pro 14 playoffs.

How would that work for Europe ?

Would they be able to add him to the squad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    How would that work for Europe ?

Would they be able to add him to the squad ?

Yes they would as he hasn't played in the comp this season

Ian Foster gets the all black job.

In other news, water is wet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

• Advertisement

the ref was giving it until the players complained !!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

That referee won't be progressing much further in his officiating career....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Ian Foster gets the all black job.

In other news, water is wet

Not sure how I feel about that.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

the ref was giving it until the players complained !!
    Buer wrote: »
    That referee won't be progressing much further in his officiating career....

How on earth did he do anything other than mark it down as a missed kick and give a 22M drop out?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    How on earth did he do anything other than mark it down as a missed kick and give a 22M drop out?

Because that's not what you do after a missed penalty. If the ball goes dead it's a 22, if the ball doesn't go dead then play on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭blackwhite

It's actually a bit of a gap in the laws.

There's provision that "If the team indicates to the referee the intention to kick at goal, they must kick at goal" - however there's no defined sanction, or next action, for the referee to follow if a team fails to kick at goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,378 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Suppose they can use the catch-all 9.27:
    A player must not do anything that is against the spirit of good sportsmanship.

I.E. If you say you're going to attempt at goal, you have to actually make a proper attempt on goal and not 'miss horribly' on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Actually reminds me of something I used to do in Rugby 2004
    The mechanics of kicking a penalty to touch from ball in hand were so bad I used to just opt to take a penalty kick at goal and send it up the touchline instead. Much more accurate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I remember years ago we were playing in a gale and had a penalty from the right hand touchline. Our kicker had the wind was at his back so I just waited on the far wing for him to kick it and sure enough, the wind took it directly across the pitch and nicely into my arms for a try in the corner.

The other team (Swords if I remember right) went chicken oriental saying we cant do that, but according to our captain the ref said it was a legitimate attempt at kicking for goal so the try stood.

He missed the conversion tho lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Tommy Seymour has announced his retirement from international rugby.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement