Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

From past season around 56 points would get you in and around a top 6 finish.

There's 16 games left this season which is a max of 64. They're on -13 now so with winning every game that means they'd end up on 51 without including bonus points.

They've been averaging around 5 or 6 losses the last few years and have lost once already this season. Even another 2 losses, which would make 3 in total all season, would have them finishing on 43 without any bonus points.

If they do make a top 6 finish they're really have earned it. I don't think they'll do it myself, they've only one tbp so far and one lbp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

CatFromHue wrote: »
    From past season around 56 points would get you in and around a top 6 finish.

There's 16 games left this season which is a max of 64. They're on -13 now so with winning every game that means they'd end up on 51 without including bonus points.

They've been averaging around 5 or 6 losses the last few years and have lost once already this season. Even another 2 losses, which would make 3 in total all season, would have them finishing on 43 without any bonus points.

If they do make a top 6 finish they're really have earned it. I don't think they'll do it myself, they've only one tbp so far and one lbp.

The rest of the premiership has got worse instead of better.

BT spin it that all the teams are so good they match each other, in reality they are all as poor as each other bar Exeter and Sarries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

I have to disagree that Prem teams in England are poor. They don’t get hammered regularly from Pro14 teams. You can look at Leinster doing a job on Northampton and that’s it. The English players are top internationals even if you don’t like that, they play in this league, it is disingenuous to say otherwise. Relegation does pose different problems for them. It does. They have to prioritize staying in the league above Europe, irish And other Pro 14 teams do not.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Excl Leinster it's currently 6-5 to the Pro14 v EPL in the Heineken Cup.

Last season it was 9-7 with 1 draw, again not incl Leinster.

The season before it was 6-7 with 1 draw, again not incl Leinster.

Both include Exeter and Saracens though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

English clubs : we can't compete in Europe because we have to concentrate on the Premiership in case we get relegated.

English clubs : get annihilated at home in the Premiership

Saracens : win the double

• Advertisement

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Excl Leinster it's currently 6-5 to the Pro14 v EPL in the Heineken Cup.

Last season it was 9-7 with 1 draw, again not incl Leinster.

The season before it was 6-7 with 1 draw, again not incl Leinster.

Both include Exeter and Saracens though.

In terms of tv money how much are the Premiership teams making compared to Pro14?

With the amount of money flowing into it they should be miles ahead of pro 14

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OldRio

English clubs : we can't compete in Europe because we have to concentrate on the Premiership in case we get relegated.

English clubs : get annihilated at home in the Premiership

Saracens : win the double

Having watched/endured a number of EPL games this season. I must concur that it's not that good.
    Glos v Worcs on Friday night was awful. At half time the B.T. commentary went something like this 'You would have had more excitement watching 'Love Actually' than watching this'.
    It was dreadful.

OldRio wrote: »
    Having watched/endured a number of EPL games this season. I must concur that it's not that good.
    Glos v Worcs on Friday night was awful. At half time the B.T. commentary went something like this 'You would have had more excitement watching 'Love Actually' than watching this'.
    It was dreadful.

It was awful but similar to a load of the s**t they have served up recently

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Paddy Jackson pulled up injured for LI today, was playing fullback, looked like his hamstring went. LI look absolutely awful. Were 30 points down at half time at home to Bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Gareth Anscombe seems to be in a bad way, already been ruled out of the 6 Nations, and Pivac has said he likely won't make their summer tour to New Zealand either. He went back under the knife for a second procedure because his rehab wasn't going well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,059 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Just watching the Doddie Weir doco for the first time. He's quite a fella, I hope I have the courage he has if I ever I have to face something as challenging as he is.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is SOB playing for LI at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Is SOB playing for LI at all?

Long term injury

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

It’s that most listy time of year again.

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1101917/?__twitter_impression=true

Not sure I’d have POM ahead of Ferris, most calls seemed to have been made on longevity in the Jersey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

stephen_n wrote: »
    It’s that most listy time of year again.

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1101917/?__twitter_impression=true

Not sure I’d have POM ahead of Ferris, most calls seemed to have been made on longevity in the Jersey though.

Jesus that may be the least controversial list I’ve ever seen. RTÉ must have forgotten to add the click bait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Very hard to argue any of those really.

Ferris was done by 2012 so it had to be POM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,378 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Ryan, really?

I mean, next decade for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Ryan, really?

I mean, next decade for sure.

Yep I think Toner really should have been there. But a second row of POC and Ryan would have been a joy to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Anyone know if there's a rugby freak bar owner in Madrid that would show this weekends leinster hammering of Munster? :pac:

Google results are fairly six nations focused which would fill me with much confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Georgia have announced a partnership with South Africa for the next 11 years, there'll be a Georgian team in the Currie Cup, and "various other works including academy and underage setups".

Great step forward for a tier 2 nation with potential.

Sometimes I wonder if Leinster A, Munster A, expanded their league to include some of the developing countries it would be win - win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

accensi0n wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a rugby freak bar owner in Madrid that would show this weekends leinster hammering of Munster? :pac:

Google results are fairly six nations focused which would fill me with much confidence.

James Joyce, Alcalá 59, 28014 / Finnegans, Plaza de las salesas, 9 28004

They're the two listed on the Blue Planet sheet that was sent around a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Cheers, sorted.

IMAG1252.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,674 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Sometimes I wonder if Leinster A, Munster A, expanded their league to include some of the developing countries it would be win - win.

If Rugby really want to expand wonder why a Georgian team are not allowed into Pro 14 rather than having to travel to South Africa - eurpean rugby doesnt really help the countrys below the big 6.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

So....

Will Exeter beat sarries??

I fancy saracens to win this by about 10

• Registered Users Posts: 11,991 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

sydthebeat wrote: »
    So....

Will Exeter beat sarries??

I fancy saracens to win this by about 10

Good start for Exeter, which is what they needed. Loose so far from Sarries. Only minutes gone but great start. Nic White will be missed after this season (not just for the tache).

Yeah sarries are way too loose in the first 10 mins.

Two stupid penalties and a yellow card could really have cost them there but Exeter showing serious resolve so far.

Phenomenal defence from Exeter. First time in two years Saracens are pointless after 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

This is Exeter's game. Their defence is all over Saracens and driving them backwards all the time.

• Advertisement

Sarries could be out there till tomorrow and they still wouldn't have scored.

Nothing is getting past that Exeter line today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement