Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Gloucester are losing Tom Marshall, Franco Marais and Franco Mostert to Japan. The way I read the statement they were let go mid-contract. All three were regular starters in 2019-20 (Mostert missed games due to the RWC). Jack Singleton will replace Marais.

https://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/2020/06/26/gloucester-rugby-confirm-departing-players/

With a lot of upheaval regarding the re-signing/re-structuring of contracts to get under the new reduced cap, we might see similar news from other Premiership clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2020%E2%80%9321_Premiership_Rugby_transfers

Going on this list the majority of clubs are scaling back. Gloucester's releases today aren't on there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

hahashake wrote: »
    Great idea but the eligibility doesn't make a lot of sense. Should be school or place of birth.

It’s the same way the state of origin works in nrl. It really doesn’t make much difference though as it’s a side show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

• Subscribers Posts: 41,586 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Clegg wrote: »

great move.

bristol will be one of the premiershiop contenders next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

salmocab wrote: »
    It’s the same way the state of origin works in nrl. It really doesn’t make much difference though as it’s a side show.

Great, now I've got this song stuck in my head:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbgShiaal6E

hahashake wrote: »
    Great, now I've got this song stuck in my head:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbgShiaal6E

Great now I have a new favourite song, pal of mine is Greg Ingles cousin and they grew up together in NSW he explained the intricacies of it to me once I forget the details but effectively wherever you play your first senior game is where you represent.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

On a related note, Murray Kinsella has been watching a lot of NRL by the looks of his twitter feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Bridge93 wrote: »
    I’d say there’s a reasonable chance of fans in by the end of August. Aviva holding 50k would allow for more space than any provincial ground

Better 5,000 Ulster fans can watch Ulster's home game against Leinster in Belfast than 10,000 Leinster fans watching Ulster's home game against Leinster in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

bilston wrote: »
    Better 5,000 Ulster fans can watch Ulster's home game against Leinster in Belfast than 10,000 Leinster fans watching Ulster's home game against Leinster in Dublin.

Yeah true that. Two months is a long time, they may yet make adjustments

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

But it's not supposed to be a home game for Ulster.

• Administrators Posts: 53,797 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

But it's not supposed to be a home game for Ulster.

Of course it is.

awec wrote: »
    Of course it is.

The whole point is that it's a neutral venue though. Like, when Munster play Connacht, who's the home team? Who cares? It's an empty stadium.

And if crowds were let in, why would it be full of Leinster fans? It would be 50-50

The whole point is that it's a neutral venue though. Like, when Munster play Connacht, who's the home team? Who cares? It's an empty stadium.

And if crowds were let in, why would it be full of Leinster fans? It would be 50-50

Because the game is in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

In an empty stadium in Dublin

• Administrators Posts: 53,797 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Neutral venue. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

awec wrote: »
    Neutral venue. :D

More neutral then the last time Ulster played a home game in Dublin

In an empty stadium in Dublin

Why will it be empty?

Are restrictions not being.lifted on people attending sporting events? They are in Northern Ireland from the end of July. I'm fairly sure I've read they are being in the Republic as well. think there is every chance spectators (on a limited basis) will be able to attend.

After six months of no live rugby, people won't get in a car and drive two hours from Belfast? Of course they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Why will it be empty?

Are restrictions not being.lifted on people attending sporting events? They are in Northern Ireland from the end of July. I'm fairly sure I've read they are being in the Republic as well. think there is every chance spectators (on a limited basis) will be able to attend.

Phase 4 down here (starting the 20th July) allows up to 500 people at outdoor gatherings. Varadkar said in an update that gatherings of more than 5k won't take place before September so not sure if they're looking at expanding the numbers potentially on the outdoor gatherings if things keep going the way they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

After six months of no live rugby, people won't get in a car and drive two hours from Belfast? Of course they will.

Jesus you must drive very slowly.

stephen_n wrote: »

He has to keep pulling over to win an argument on boards :pac:

stephen_n wrote: »

I'm working on the basis that the Ulster lads will refuse to pay the toll and go via the old roads.

I'm working on the basis that the Ulster lads will refuse to pay the toll and go via the old roads.

Although they will go right up to the barrier make a scene then go around.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Put cutouts of Nucifora in the toll booths I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

sydthebeat wrote: »
    OTB have done another very good interview podcast to follow up the Stuart Barnes one from last week.

This week its Liam Toland... and before people roll their eyes......hes actually quite an interesting guy, with his life outlook and his business interests.

With his life outlook and business interests? He’s a pompous culchie trying to be a lady boy with his hair highlights and “business interests”. What a sad reason for liking somebody. He looks like someone gave him a Brazilian and he kissed them on both sides of the cheek leaving the salon.

You sound like one of these jet setters that spends his time in Puerto Banus or Monaco with all the money in the world but is about as interesting as the back of his scrote. His knowledge on rugby is superficial just like the guy is himself. Shallow and clueless.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    OTB have done another very good interview podcast to follow up the Stuart Barnes one from last week.

This week its Liam Toland... and before people roll their eyes......hes actually quite an interesting guy, with his life outlook and his business interests.

With his life outlook and business interests? He’s a pompous culchie trying to be a lady boy with his hair highlights and “business interests”. What a sad reason for liking somebody. He looks like someone gave him a Brazilian and he kissed them on both sides of the cheek leaving the salon.

You sound like one of these jet setters that spends his time in Puerto Banus or Monaco with all the money in the world but is about as interesting as the back of his scrote. His knowledge on rugby is superficial just like the guy is himself. Shallow and clueless.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Listened to it today. Very interesting man alright. Good points about making venues accessible to everyone and making the clubs more inclusive.

He’s an embarrassment to Leinster and Irish rugby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭rayd3

Speaking of embarrassments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Granny15 wrote: »
    He’s an embarrassment to Leinster and Irish rugby

He isn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement