Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    That makes no Rugby sense at all.

In some ways , maybe the view is that he market place has tightened up so much that Clubs might struggle financially to commit to "project" player for a 5 year contract , but so what?

I thought the whole point of the change was to limit the "mercenary" contracts in favour of genuine legitimate moves?

Given the upheaval in Super Rugby this will help SH players get contracts in Europe or Japan. That, I assume, is the reasoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

The rule change is not that players arriving now can qualify in three years, it's that players who arrived in their new country in 2018 can still qualify in three years, and only if they get capped by the end of 2021.

Quite who this will help, I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭rayd3

The rule change is not that players arriving now can qualify in three years, it's that players who arrived in their new country in 2018 can still qualify in three years, and only if they get capped by the end of 2021.

This is too complicated for the intellectuals that are deeply concerned with the issue to comprehend it seems. Either that or none of them bothered to read a single bloody article on the change.

rayd3 wrote: »
    This is too complicated for the intellectuals that are deeply concerned with the issue to comprehend it seems. Either that or none of them bothered to read a single bloody article on the change.

Confident for 24 posts...

Welcome

Quite who this will help, I'm not sure.

I blame Venjur...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

bilston wrote: »
    I blame Venjur...

So do I.
    What are we blaming him for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Yeah_Right wrote: »

So do I.

everything

• Subscribers Posts: 41,586 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

So do I.

Covid-19 obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭rayd3

Confident for 24 posts...

Welcome

Thank you very much for your welcome. How many posts should I accumulate before posting further, dear leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

So do I.

Brexit....Jedward....Donald Turnip....Rap.....Shaven temples.... Harp....The Grassy Knoll gunman....Peach Schnapps..

• Advertisement

Thank you very much for your welcome. How many posts should I accumulate before posting further, dear leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Former Ireland head coach Joe Schmidt is being lined up for a high profile position with World Rugby, with the governing body keen to bring the New Zealander on board in a brand new role. Schmidt is reportedly World Rugby’s first choice for the newly created role of ‘Director of Rugby and High Performance’.

According to the Sunday Times, the position would oversee “the management of match officials, interacting with coaches on law implementation and helping to drive high performance in emerging rugby nations.”

Sounds like an ideal role for him.

Link

I blame Venjur...

So do I.
    everything
    sydthebeat wrote: »
    Covid-19 obviously
    jacothelad wrote: »
    Brexit....Jedward....Donald Turnip....Rap.....Shaven temples.... Harp....The Grassy Knoll gunman....Peach Schnapps..

MeSarzp.gif

I especially blame you for rick and morty

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That's a disaster. I wonder due to the nature of the sport, does covid travel far more quickly. No mention if it was players or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Well, here's the Stade squad last week:

image-rugby-2.jpg

Like, I understand that social distancing and masks are not always practical, but spending a week cheek to jowl in a training camp like this was asking for trouble.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

image-rugby-2.jpg

Like, I understand that social distancing and masks are not always practical, but spending a week cheek to jowl in a training camp like this was asking for trouble.

Especially going hundreds of miles away en masse for a training camp

Some games in Scottish football off this weekend. I reckon pro14 will be derby based early on in season to buy some time

• Advertisement

aloooof wrote: »

serious signing. there’s probably a rake of capped Puma’s available on low money with Jaguares on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭clsmooth

serious signing. there’s probably a rake of capped Puma’s available on low money with Jaguares on the way out.

2 1/2 years younger then Rory Best. He’s no spring chicken but they might get a year or two out of him

clsmooth wrote: »
    2 1/2 years younger then Rory Best. He’s no spring chicken but they might get a year or two out of him

far more talented than Best though, and I’m a fan of Best. definitely the kind of player you could build a pack around if his head is right for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭clsmooth

far more talented than Best though, and I’m a fan of Best. definitely the kind of player you could build a pack around if his head is right for it.

Not sure you’d want to build you pack around a 35 year old hooker. Cracking player in his prime though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

image-rugby-2.jpg

Why would they not test the squad before travelling?

Why would they not test the squad before travelling?

They seemed to be out and about quite a bit.

Super Rugby Aotearoa cancellled due to Covid19 resurgence :https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/sport/423570/covid-19-cancels-super-rugby-aotearoa-finale

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Not quite, with one of the two games still to go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Completely sensible given the title is decided

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I'll see your Finishers and raise you System players. Hmmm.

https://twitter.com/CharlieFelix/status/1294232327112056832

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement