Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Tuilagi and Lawes both went off injured and in some discomfort in the Sale vs Northampton game earlier.

Would be a significant loss for England if they were to be out for lengthy periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Buer wrote: »
    Tuilagi and Lawes both went off injured and in some discomfort in the Sale vs Northampton game earlier.

Would be a significant loss for England if they were to be out for lengthy periods.

Tuilagi and (Billy) Vunipola absolutely make or break the England team IMO. Losing one of them for them is like us losing Sexton, Furlong or Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bluess99

Lads, signed up for STB a few weeks back....eir sport, BT sure even Sky Atlantic.

Seriously considering ditching our Virgin bundle and just getting broadband as STB covers all the channels across sport entertainment and movies.

€35 for 12 months IPTV
    €12 for lifetime STB access

Any chance you can DM me the IPTV details as I'm looking to swap also.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

bluess99 wrote: »
    Any chance you can DM me the IPTV details as I'm looking to swap also.

Thanks

I'd take it as well lads if it's going!! Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

mfceiling wrote: »
    I'd take it as well lads if it's going!! Cheers.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

DMs sent lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The heat could be a killer esp if games are played in Dec/Jan/Feb

• Subscribers Posts: 41,586 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It will be very interesting to see what team sarries put out against Bath this weekend.

Its the last hurrah for some of these guys.

Their seconds got a bit of a hammering from Worcester last night, so will they go big before they go home to the championship and spoil baths play off ambitions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

9 Racing 92 players test positive for COVID-19.
    Weekend game postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,784 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

ongarite wrote: »
    Weekend game postponed.

Wonder has it anything to do with Poite's cough. But then would probably expect Clermont players to have it too by now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Eod100 wrote: »
    Wonder has it anything to do with Poite's cough. But then would probably expect Clermont players to have it too by now
    That and the fact that Poite didn't have it either......

ongarite wrote: »
    Weekend game postponed.

9 Racing employees, I thought? No confirmation as to whether they're playing staff or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Tualagi was having his longest run without a serious injury before this one too. And a torn Achilles is especially bad.

https://twitter.com/Nik_Simon88/status/1311625017025867776?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I wonder if the Achilles is the opposite leg to his problematic groin. Given the complexities of that injury I'd be shocked if there wasn't a knock on effect of over compensation on the other leg or a total change of gait that compounded this injury.

He'll be staring down the barrel of 30 by the time he's coming back from this latest one.

I wonder how much longer he can go on for

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Guinness RFC

Edit wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

He is the one England player that is truly irreplaceable, will be a huge loss for England for the autumn probably the 6N. I still think because of his all round quality that he can still make the Lions in the summer though depending on the squad announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Stumbled across this on my YouTube recommendations, pretty decent side

Alex Corbisero
    Damien Varley
    Taoine Vanga
    Alistair Hargreaves
    Craig Quinnel
    Stephen Ferris
    Sam Warburton
    Jack Clifford
    Harry Ellis
    Barry John
    Luke Fitzgerald
    Rob Horne
    Tom Shanklin
    Israel Dagg
    Pat Lambie

I see Brad barrit has officially retired.

Very good hard player.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I see Brad barrit has officially retired.

Very good hard player.

Savagely underrated. His style was limited but he was incredibly efficient and tough. For Saracens, losing him is as detrimental as losing Billy Vunipola.

If he didn't go off last weekend, I think Saracens are in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB6MUUrGER8

Decent interview with Sean Fitzpatrick about his career.

• Advertisement

Canturbury v Wellington home to golden point game

First time in New Zealand rugby

Premiership Rugby have been made aware of further positive tests at other clubs aside from Sale. They're conducting an emergency review and the final weekend may be postponed entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Wigglesworth retiring after this weekend too

Will the Lions gear be out for Christmas ?

Always buy one of the polo shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Why are the teams opting to kick to goal for penalties in the Springbok showdown game? All that’s on the line is places in the springbok squad, surely kicking for the corner increases opportunities to impress?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Will the Lions gear be out for Christmas ?

Always buy one of the polo shirts

It will be....not in irish stores yet but the 'supporters range' came out last week - nothing special TBH.

Replica kit and other stuff (polo's etc) due in the coming weeks according to Canterbury on social media.

Presumably Elverys and LSS will have main stuff, Lovell always have the full range

https://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/shop/collection/British-and-Irish-Lions-2021

I'm guessing the 1st Grp A vs 1st Grp B is the Autumn nations cup final and winner gets the cup ?

the other 3 games are basically just run outs

in rugby news....

wales announce their autumn internationals squad:

https://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/wales-squad-announcement%3A-seven-uncapped-players-included/630610

most notably in the backs Callum Sheedy and Ioan Lloyd, the two bristol 10s gets a call up ... sheedy who qualifies for ireland, england and wales.

in the forwards Sam Parry, at 27, gets a nod... looks like the hooker spot in wales is as open as the irish.

WALES SQUAD – AUTUMN 2020

Forwards (21): Rhys Carre (Cardiff Blues, 8 Caps), Wyn Jones (Scarlets, 25 Caps), Nicky Smith (Ospreys, 35 Caps), Ken Owens (Scarlets, 77 Caps), Ryan Elias (Scarlets, 13 Caps), Sam Parry (Ospreys)*, Samson Lee (Scarlets, 41 Caps), Dillon Lewis (Cardiff Blues, 26 Caps), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs, 48 Caps), Leon Brown (Dragons, 10 Caps), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys, 138 Caps), Will Rowlands (Wasps, 1 Cap), Jake Ball (Scarlets, 46 Caps), Seb Davies (Cardiff Blues, 7 Caps), Cory Hill (Cardiff Blues, 25 Caps), Aaron Wainwright (Dragons, 21 Caps), Ross Moriarty (Dragons, 45 Caps), Taulupe Faletau (Bath, 76 Caps), Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues, 24 Caps), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys, 76 Caps), Josh Macleod (Scarlets)*.

Backs (17): Rhys Webb (Ospreys, 33 Caps), Gareth Davies (Scarlets, 53 Caps), Kieran Hardy (Scarlets)*, Dan Biggar (Northampton, 83 Caps), Rhys Patchell (Scarlets, 19 Caps), Callum Sheedy (Bristol)*, Owen Watkin (Ospreys, 22 Caps), Nick Tompkins (Dragons, 4 Caps), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets, 81 Caps), Johnny Williams (Scarlets)*, George North (Ospreys, 95 Caps), Josh Adams (Cardiff Blues, 24 Caps), Louis Rees-Zammit (Gloucester)*, Jonah Holmes (Dragons, 3 Caps), Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets, 89 Caps), Ioan Lloyd (Bristol)*, Liam Williams (Scarlets, 63 Caps).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

sydthebeat wrote: »
    in rugby news....

wales announce their autumn internationals squad:

https://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/wales-squad-announcement%3A-seven-uncapped-players-included/630610

most notably in the backs Callum Sheedy and Ioan Lloyd, the two bristol 10s gets a call up ... sheedy who qualifies for ireland, england and wales.

in the forwards Sam Parry, at 27, gets a nod... looks like the hooker spot in wales is as open as the irish.

WALES SQUAD – AUTUMN 2020

Forwards (21): Rhys Carre (Cardiff Blues, 8 Caps), Wyn Jones (Scarlets, 25 Caps), Nicky Smith (Ospreys, 35 Caps), Ken Owens (Scarlets, 77 Caps), Ryan Elias (Scarlets, 13 Caps), Sam Parry (Ospreys)*, Samson Lee (Scarlets, 41 Caps), Dillon Lewis (Cardiff Blues, 26 Caps), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs, 48 Caps), Leon Brown (Dragons, 10 Caps), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys, 138 Caps), Will Rowlands (Wasps, 1 Cap), Jake Ball (Scarlets, 46 Caps), Seb Davies (Cardiff Blues, 7 Caps), Cory Hill (Cardiff Blues, 25 Caps), Aaron Wainwright (Dragons, 21 Caps), Ross Moriarty (Dragons, 45 Caps), Taulupe Faletau (Bath, 76 Caps), Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues, 24 Caps), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys, 76 Caps), Josh Macleod (Scarlets)*.

Backs (17): Rhys Webb (Ospreys, 33 Caps), Gareth Davies (Scarlets, 53 Caps), Kieran Hardy (Scarlets)*, Dan Biggar (Northampton, 83 Caps), Rhys Patchell (Scarlets, 19 Caps), Callum Sheedy (Bristol)*, Owen Watkin (Ospreys, 22 Caps), Nick Tompkins (Dragons, 4 Caps), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets, 81 Caps), Johnny Williams (Scarlets)*, George North (Ospreys, 95 Caps), Josh Adams (Cardiff Blues, 24 Caps), Louis Rees-Zammit (Gloucester)*, Jonah Holmes (Dragons, 3 Caps), Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets, 89 Caps), Ioan Lloyd (Bristol)*, Liam Williams (Scarlets, 63 Caps).

Be interested to see how some of the premiership based guys get on + English players who moved to Wales & declared due to heritage, Gats law is well and truly dead.

Sheedy most of all I’ll be interested to see, seems to be a player with a lot of talent but I find it quite surprising that he never really got that close to a chance for England in a position of relative weakness (In terms of experience at least as bar Ford and Farrell it does feel very wide open for the third spot).

I would say behind Ken Owens it’s wide open but I still think for the time being atleast Ken has the 2 shirt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement