Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

He was in the squad and was due to join back up with them for the final 6N game but has been dropped now because of the breach

Bit strange they released him to the barbarians when he could’ve played against Georgia

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bit strange they released him to the barbarians when he could’ve played against Georgia

Was only an autumn international game against a tier 2 nation, and seeding for the RWC in 2023 is already determined. So wasn't much point in holding on to him when he could just rejoin the squad before the Wales game.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

sydthebeat wrote: »
    RIP JJ Williams

absolute legend of the game !!!

Different times ...... that must have been an amazing tour to be part of.

I had a poster from that tour on my bedroom wall as a kid. Some great photos and stats etc.

26 games ....... 3 months .....

JJ was able to really exploit his pace with the hard under foot conditions .......first test withstanding.

He was a fine player ..... played for my home town initially ...... then like many before and since migrated to one of the big four where you were more in the eye of the 'big five' as the Welsh selectors were known back then.

Wales had some good wingers ........ JJ, Gerald Davies & John Bevan ....... players who posed very different problems for their opponents.

I passed him in the car driving into Bridgend a few years ago ...... he was cruising along in a big RR (or B) ... he did alright off the field too.

Met him a few times as a kid .... from memory he was a decent bloke with advice, autographs etc.

RIP

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

salmocab wrote: »
    I would say beyond not paying him his fee which is totally fair they have very little chance of getting anything from an individual that lives in another jurisdiction and doesn’t even play rugby anymore. I doubt they’d even try.

They could hit them for costs - Flights/Hotel etc.

All depends on what's in the contracts they would have signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Rugby in Australia is in serious trouble. The number of empty seats for a Bledisloe match is astonishing. In my 30 plus years of watching these matches, I've never seen a half empty stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Rugby in Australia is in serious trouble. The number of empty seats for a Bledisloe match is astonishing. In my 30 plus years of watching these matches, I've never seen a half empty stadium.

Attendance is restricted due to Covid commentators said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Presume this is sarcasm? :D

Sounds like they're playing the TMO through the stadium PA, gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Attendance is restricted due to Covid commentators said.

I missed that. I just assumed that there were no restrictions like in NZ. Kiwis beating Australia on and off the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Never had you down as a troller YR! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Kiwis trying to con us into joining their little tiff with the Aussies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I missed that. I just assumed that there were no restrictions like in NZ. Kiwis beating Australia on and off the field.

Wow. Nothing rarer than a self loathing Aussie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭WhoamI2022

I guess this is Scotland rugby getting a cut, not like them to screw everyone over for a few quid

• Subscribers Posts: 41,583 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

How do we get tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Clegg wrote: »

An early Christmas for rugby.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Talk of Saracens being brought back to Premiership even if they're not promoted from Championship.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-8906987/Saracens-set-promotion-Premiership-without-playing-single-game.html

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

How do we get tickets?

There was registration for a pre-sale which starts tomorrow morning but that is now closed.
    Also can access through the SRU 'Nevis' membership where you pay £34 to have the chance to enter ballots for each Scotland game and this one, even though there is basically no hope that any of the autumn games having fans and then no guarantee of actually getting any tickets for matches that can be attended.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

jacothelad wrote: »
    An early Christmas for rugby.:D

he was useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Besides, RTE and C4 is it just Premier Sports that shows the Autumn Nations Cup games here? Or can you get games besides Ireland's ones on Amazon Prime also?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Eod100 wrote: »
    Besides, RTE and C4 is it just Premier Sports that shows the Autumn Nations Cup games here? Or can you get games besides Ireland's ones on Amazon Prime also?

No. Not unless you're 'in' the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Argentina!

Maters is beastier than ever

Can 2020 get any more madder??

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

Incredible performance

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Not jet lag must help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Sorry I didn’t get up for it now :(

When is the last time new Zealand lost two competitive games in a row?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

When is the last time new Zealand lost two competitive games in a row?

2011 tri nations :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Great win for Argentina. Just saw the 2nd half.
    The passion they bring and the colour and celebration from their fans at the end was lovely to see.

Great pace to their game.
    The pedestrian nature of our team really is a contrast. At least since Farrell came in he is trying to speed things up a bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement